New Build What You Think???

My new build in about a month when my lawsuit settles.:cool:

Case : APEVIA X-JUPITER G-Type X-JUPITERG-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard : ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

CPU : Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz LGA 1366 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail

Drives : LG Black Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA Model GGC-H20L - Retail & SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F

Memory : CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1333C9 - Retail

HD : Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Power S : ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 800W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Patent Piperock Modular Power Supply - Retail

Video Card : EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Moniters : (2) SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

UPS : CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD 1500VA 900W UPS

Card Reader : CABLES UNLIMITED USB-1610B All-in-one USB 2.0 Card Reader - Retail

Mouse & Keyboard : Logitech G7 Black 6 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB RF Wireless Laser Mouse - Retail Logitech G15 2-Tone USB Wired Standard Gaming
Keyboard - Retail

Sound : Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker - Retail

Printer : HP Photosmart C7280 CC567A Up to 34 ppm 4800 x 1200 dpi Wireless Inkjet MFC / All-In-One Color Printer - Retail

Also getting 3 120mm blue fans, Arctic Silver 5, and a rosewill Computer tool kit.

Grand Total : $3,390.65

What you all think??

CaptainAwesom

that looks like some major lawsuit but i think it will do fine

are you only getting one 300gb hard drive i didn't see anything else

Bob Jeffery

Wow nice build, but how does that equal 3k? It seems like it would be a little cheaper but I guess with the big i7 and all :eek: The only thing I see is the vid card. Would a 4850 not be good enough?

AUTOBOOT2000

Wow nice build, but how does that equal 3k? It seems like it would be a little cheaper but I guess with the big i7 and all :eek: The only thing I see is the vid card. Would a 4850 not be good enough?

No it's the monitors that bring the price up my prototype i7 build is only 1500. Well that's cus i have monitors and such... laying around.
the 6 gigs of ddr3 and the blu-ray didn't help the price either :)

if he ordered these items at neweggs using the combo deals+rebates he could cut the price alot though.

Mez

PSU LOLLLLLLL Logisys =] Go with antec, OCZ, Thermaltake, coolermaster ANYTHING BUT LOGISYS. Even go with the HEC compucase 585w

Ethan3.14159

Your not gonna like that Apeiva case.... oh god, anything made by Apevia is complete and total crap. Isn't it $160 or something? You can get an Antec 1200 for that price and it's arguably the best full tower case out there.

wow i bump once and it takes off lol.

I think i might get two. 300 gb seem to small??
I would prefer Nvidia, yeah theres a few rebates.

Just wondering why should i not use dual moniters???

And yeah i want a after market CPU cooler but cant find any.

IkeRay

wow i bump once and it takes off lol.

I think i might get two. 300 gb seem to small??
I would prefer Nvidia, yeah theres a few rebates.

Just wondering why should i not use dual moniters???

And yeah i want a after market CPU cooler but cant find any.

really depends on what you are doing with that monster machine.

but a 1 TB storage drive won't run you much, especially considering the price of your computer. you can pick a seagate 7200rpm 1TB up for $150 not on sale. there are also tons of externals that use western digitals and connect eSATA meaning 3gb/s, and those run around $100 on sale, $125 not. buy.com just had one for $80 that had a western digital 7200rpm 32mb cache external.

Well all kinds of things. Major music, video editing(not hardcore) and of course gaming:cool:

My number one pet peve is when i click a link and it does not open right away...

really depends on what you are doing with that monster machine.

but a 1 TB storage drive won't run you much, especially considering the price of your computer. you can pick a seagate 7200rpm 1TB up for $150 not on sale. there are also tons of externals that use western digitals and connect eSATA meaning 3gb/s, and those run around $100 on sale, $125 not. buy.com just had one for $80 that had a western digital 7200rpm 32mb cache external.

I see your point i think that im going to go with 2 VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

IkeRay

I see your point i think that im going to go with 2 VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

if I have read things correctly from this thread you only need the velociraptor as your primary/OS HDD (and programs etc), but for storage, it makes more sense to get the 1tb... again, thats if I read that correctly.

if I have read things correctly from this thread you only need the velociraptor as your primary/OS HDD (and programs etc), but for storage, it makes more sense to get the 1tb... again, thats if I read that correctly.

Well does anyone else have any opinions on this? Im not saying he is wrong. But like the saying goes your only as strong as your weakest link. So therefore i would rather have a secondary 300 Gb Velociraptor for storage.

Whats the opinion??