New build won't power on - at all :(

spamzillla

New Member
My build:

Gigabyte GA P31-DS3L, iP31 Express, S 775, PCI-E x16, DDR2 667/800 MHz, SATA II, ATX:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?GIG-P31DS3

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2 x 2.53Ghz 3Mb Cache 1066 FSB Dual Core Processor:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s....html?IL-E7200

800MHz 240Pin 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 RAM DIMM 1.8V:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?RAM-80/2GB

GeForce 8600GT SLI 512MB GDDR2 HDTV, VGA DVI/TVO PCI-E:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...html?NOV-86GT5

ThermalTake TR2 550Watt PSU:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s....html?TT-W0101

Thermaltake Soprano Black Middle Tower Case :
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s....html?TT-SOPBW

Samsung Lightscribe H653N - 20x DVD+/-/RW - 8x Dual Layer - SATA - Black:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...html?SAM-H653N

Belkin 54g Wireless PCI Adapter:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...html?F5D7000UK

Novatech 2500 Watt 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s....html?NOV-SP51

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Socket 775 CPU Cooler:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?AC-FREEZ7P

I connected everything where it should go, went to power it on and only the blue light on my case comes on - no fans nothing. What can I do to see if the PSU has blown?

Any other tips / info?

Cheer
 
The fact it's from Novatech could be reason enough IMO , however posting all your specs are not going to help us see what the problem is really.

It could be a PSU issue, then again it could be something caused by STATIC etc,

does the PSU spin/power up? is the voltage switch on the back of it set to 240 and not 110V?(you say you get a light on the front so I'm guessing it works)

have you got both power leads plugged onto the mobo, or have you mixed up the two 4 pin connecters from the PSU? I know they are "keyed" but it IS possible to get them to fit on the wrong plug so you would get a 5V connection rater than 12V, ;)

Re check the connections ... it could just be something as simple as the power switch connections on the mobo that are round the wrong way ;)
 
Oh woops I copied the wrong links. I got the parts from OverClockers, not Novatech!

The PSU doesn't power up and there is no 240/110v switch.

I'm going to reconnect everything and see what happens.
 
that wasn't meant to be hostile in any way,shape or form!! it was sarcassim because first you say you have connected everything correctly and then you say you will go back and check:)
 
Back
Top