New build?

Vipernitrox

New Member
I'm thinking about getting myself a new build. I'm not to sure of it but if i were to get a new build right now what would i get?

This is going to be my first build on heavy oc'ing. So i want top grade stuff. I'll be using it for basic office tasks some web editing, IT stuff etc. Also there will be going on a fair share of gaming.
I will be keeping a silent build in the back of my head to. Fans and harddisk i got now are deadsilent. The new fans will (hopefully) be even more silent. So keep this in mind when you give advice, i don't want to any corsair dominator memory fans or something like that. Airflow is going to be perfect so don't worry about that.
I already have speakers/ screen/ webcam/ keyboard/ mouse. The case i want to keep to (see sig) The harddrive is fine. And if we don't go over the 600 watt's in what this beast will be using i won't be needing a new psu to.

So basically i need: mobo, cpu + heatsink, memory, graphics card, and some new fans + fancontroller. I'm already set on the fans and fancontroller, it's going to be a zalman zm mfc1 plus black with 5 or 6 noctua fans(don't know which yet).
For the other parts i was thinking this:
Mobo: DFI LP LT X48-T2R

Cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz

Heatsink: Tuniq Tower 120

Memory: Please advice me on this one. has to be 4gb with the option to double it to 8gb. So please get 2x 2gb.

Graphics Card: I'm thinking about the 4870 but i haven't really found a quite solution. My current build has a passive graphics card which is cooled by a huge heatsink and one of my case fans blowing over it (keeps it 65 max). I want a similar setup. Anyone have any ideas as to which aftermarket (preferably passive) cooler i could slap on it?

very roughly this will come in at about $1000. And i haven't taken into account the memory and graphics card yet. I'm not setting a real budget but don't even think about going over $1800 (i'm still a student you know) :P.

So change/ advice me on anything you want. If you have questions about my current build. Check out my sig and the pics i hotlinked. If you want to know more just shout.
 
Last edited:
hey, i really like your computer case... i was looking at the pictures. Do you think you could post a link to a page where to get that case?

thanks- Kal
 
I wouldn't advise the Q9550, id recommend the Q9450. The $200 extra price tag does not justify the 200MHz increase.
 
Save your cash for when your computer gets too outdated to play most games.
like you said your a student so why spash the cash?

that rig of yours will play mostly any games you throw at it exept crysis on high.

ive lost track on how many times ive said that but realy a upgrade isnt needed yet.
 
thnx for all the advice. but in the end i think nev is right.
i should just wait :P.

Maybe i'll start oc'ing my graphics card to.
my memory is pretty much perfect, my cpu is on its limit to.
ah well i'll just have to restrain myself :P
 
Back
Top