djarvis1one
New Member
After scouring the excellent (albeit slightly outdated) builder guides offered here on CF and much research, I think this is the build for me:
MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130250
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103706
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134788
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016
GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125277
CASE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156237
DVD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204
I have 2 SATA HDD's (Barracuda 7200 80 and 120 respectively), 1 WD 320 PATA HDD, and I will be using WinXP Pro 32 until I save for Win 7 Pro 64.
I have also an IDE DVD burner that I could recycle from another system, would I need an IDE controller to use this burner w/ the spec'd MOBO?
I don't have to use the 2nd DVD but it would be nice to have.
ANY input will be welcomed.
MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130250
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103706
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134788
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016
GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125277
CASE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156237
DVD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204
I have 2 SATA HDD's (Barracuda 7200 80 and 120 respectively), 1 WD 320 PATA HDD, and I will be using WinXP Pro 32 until I save for Win 7 Pro 64.
I have also an IDE DVD burner that I could recycle from another system, would I need an IDE controller to use this burner w/ the spec'd MOBO?
I don't have to use the 2nd DVD but it would be nice to have.
ANY input will be welcomed.