New Build !

MrWain

building a comp for a friend
needs to be a multi tasking computer

such as photoshop, lightroom, elements, internet, music all together sorta stuff
heavily used for graphics and photo editing

AMD phenom II x6 "six core processor 3.20 ghz"
Asus M5A99X "DDR3 express motherboard"
ATI radeon 6850 1024mb "Graphics Card"
Antec True 750w Power Supply
g.kill 4gb Ram, ddr3 2133mhz dual channel
cooler master elite 360 mini tower
hitachi desktar 2tb sata 6/gbs hard drive
samsung dvd rw x 2

thats what i put together 1. all compatible ? i think it is lol just wanna check
2. good mix maybe !?

budget is 600-650 british pounds :)

cheers in advance :D

jonnyp11

drop hitatchi and get samsung f3/4, western digital caviar black, or seagate barracuda, all are better brands and faster too, just make sure they are 7200rpm's.

unless getting 2 of the gpu, then a 600w is plenty, look at the corsair cx600

go down to 1866mhz ram and go up to 8gb's, will be better for him and prob cost the same or less

would also suggest a cooler master haf series or othe mid/fullk/super towers, minis will create excess heat which is bad

don't forget to get a windows disk, oem 64-bit is the cheapest that'll work well

may also wanna look at a say 60gb ssd for the os and all the programs you listed, and for what you want that gpu is overkill in my opinion, a 6770 should be fine, even say a 5670 would probably do the job perfectly fine, then add in a cpu cooler like the coolermaster 212 or antec h60 and overclock it over 4ghz

and btw a i5-2500k might be better for him, even without the 2 extra cores, the 2500k's cores are way faster clock for clock, meaning if you down-clocked both to 3ghz and did the same thing with them that only used say 2 cores, then the 2500k would win by a mile.