New build.

JasonJohnston09

So, instead of going for the latest and greatest as I have in the past. I'm going for a bit cheaper build. Here is my current hardware going into the build. The build is pretty much going to be for Diablo 3.

LGA 775 core 2 duo e6420 (last running stable @ 3.4ghz)
EVGA 680i 775 motherboard
Antec 600 Case

Working with what I have has limited me to DDR2 memory:
I'm looking at the 8gb (2x4gb) Patriot gaming series ddr2-800
Price $157.00 on amazon. Free Shipping.

HDD wise I have been looking at SSD's, but I can't find one for a decent price that offers the performance that I'm wanting. Wanting some input from you guys on this.

PSU: Cooler Master GX Series 650W ATX 12v rail @ 52amps
Price $76.99

Vcard: SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5
(I had originally went with a GTX560, but looking at TomsHardware bench marks I had decided on this for the cost)
Price 145.99

CPU-Cooler: I have used the Thermaltake Blue Orb 2 and the Tuniq tower in the past, wanting some input on this. Definitely going to be overclocking.

This is just what I have been looking at recently, any input would be greatly appreciated.

jonnyp11

for the ram no game needs 8, so i'd get these, and if you want it then i'd grab 2 of these since you won't need the other 2 slots so might as well go 4x2gb and save some, and it still operates in dual channel i think.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178219

and that psu will prob work fine but corsair is a better brand and it's only a few bucks more, and rebates to a few less.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139023

although newegg does normally charge tax in Tennessee so the psu you were looking at would prob end up a little better of a deal, but the ram is still a good bit cheaper that way so i'd go with it.

JasonJohnston09

I've shifted gears a bit. I bought a 9800gtx+ for 60 bucks earlier this morning. I have decided to go with 4 (2x2gb) of patriot g series ddr2-800, ocz agility 3 60 gb SSD, and a CoolerMaster 650 w GX series. Total cost for parts and shipping is $251.94. This is with 3 x 120mm fan with fan controllers.

linkin

VIP Member
Shouldn't have bought a 9800GT. Outdated card. It is beaten by a 5670 which also uses less power. CoolerMaster PSU's aren't the best, the Silent Pro series are but the GX ones are over rated.