New build?

PPBart

I'm considering doing another build, just for fun and to upgrade performance. I don't game or edit videos, just web browsing, watch movies, typical office applications. Current system is as noted below. What motherboard/CPU/HDD would give a worthwhile performance boost at a reasonable (<$1000) price?

dgrevillius

That computer is already overkill for what you are using it for. If you want a performance increase, replace the hard drive with a SSD. For $140 you can make a huge noticeable performance increase vice spending $1000 and not seeing any unless you look at benchmarks.

jesse kraus

as dgrevillius already said, its absolute overkill. so if you want to build a new pc for the stuff you do, it would be a total waste of money, but fun ;). if you are looking to speed up the stuff you are doing with your pc right now, like booting windows or office applications, i would suggest a new ssd or faster ram, but the ram wouldnt really do much unless you bought ddr4 with a completely new mobo. if you really just want to build a new pc for the sake of doing it, i suggest a build with around the same specs and maybe a little upgrade to ddr4 or 16gb, even though that is even more overkill.