New Builder

linux992

Hello I'm new to the forums here. I just started building my first PC recently. I got the urge while upgrading the ram in my desktop. I though it would be a fun experience where I could learn about how computers operate. I got a case from school and then I bought stuff here and there. I tried to keep it budget but I splurged on somethings. The the main components are a Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P mother board and an AMD athlon 64x2 processor. I bought 4gb ram and a 160gb sata hard drive. I plan on using either Ubuntu Linux or Linux mint. Its not as hard core as a lot of builds I've seen but I'm just starting out and I hope to learn as I go. I'll get some pictures up as I go along.

linux992

Fastdude I might upgrade to a x3 or x4 processor in the future. I actually bought it from the tech education teacher. He said he was going to scrap it so I had to get it. I'm sorry I didn't reply, I thought it would send emails when I got replies.

linux992

Here's some pictures. I'm just waiting for a CPU heatsink and fan to arrive and I can try it out.
Without side cover.
DSCF2011.jpg

With side cover.
DSCF2012.jpg

Manakore

Nice man, I just recently got into pc building myself. I get to build my first one in the next three weeks; I cannot wait!

linux992

Thank you. Its an amazing feeling seeing everything go together. I hope to get into it more and possibly sell some that I build.

linux992

Just a quick question would 2 80mm case fans be enough to cool the case. I have one sucking it and the other is blowing out. There is two in the power supply and then the CPU heatsink?

linux992

Got it up and running tonight. It should be a solid system. Finishing touches is all it needs. And it's a lot quieter than my Dell.

Last edited:

linux992

Here's some more pics. As with any build its never completely finished. I'm waiting for my internal card reader, USB pci card and a conversion plug to arrive so I can button this up.
DSCF2014.jpg

DSCF2013.jpg

Last edited:

FXB

Have you changed your rig since your last post? Seems like you could use some cable management.