New camera

Jazmyn

I am in the market for a new camera my budget is $250 what are my options?

I plan on using it to take great pics when I travel and also to have great images of family and friends.

bkribbs

Like a DSLR or a point-and-shoot?

DSLR is the big cameras, and point and shot is the little one's, like Kodak and such.

MBGraphics

VIP Member
Thanks Droogie :D

And yes, you could get an older DSLR and lenses, but for one, they would be crap compared to the newer point and shoots you can get and two, I still doubt you will be satisfied. It would be much better to just get a decent modern point and shoot.

Personally I would recomend the Nikon if you can affrod the extra ~20 more. I'm not a Nikon fan but that is definitely one of the top contenders in your price range.

Second I would go with the Fujifilm, it's got some good specs and I've heard some pretty good things about it.

Of course all of them are good and you can't really go wrong with any of them so it comes down to personal choice ;)

If you can, go to some local camera shops and try to find these cameras, hold them, use them, see if you like them. That's always very important.

Samuel1941

I highly recommend the Nikon Coolpix S8000.
I've had one for a couple of months and only have good things to say.

14 megapixels, 10X optical zoom, and shoots very good video.

Top rated at Consumer Reports and has very few consumer ratings on the Internet that are less than the maximum.

Best price I found was $240 + shipping. Google the camera to find your best price.

In the past I've owned Olympus and Canon, so I have no brand loyalty. Only go for the best at the time.