New Case or WC\'ing?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Alright, I\'m thinking about getting a new case... or even WC\'ing...

Here\'s are the options;

Antec 900:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118268

antec_900_overview_goed.jpg

Antec P182

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126946

R0126946-02.jpg

XSPC X2O Pro CPU WaterCooling

http://www.allowu.com/index.php?q=a...waHA/Y1BhdGg9NDAmYW1wO3Byb2R1Y3RzX2lkPTI2Ng==
pro120.jpg

I can either get, one of those two cases, or keep my current case and get that WC\'ing setup... What do you think?

Which would provie the best thermal results? Thanks!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personaly i would never go water cooling because if it leaks you can kiss goodbye to all that expensive equipment.

i would change your case to the 900 as it has loads of airflow

Kornowski

VIP Member
I\'m really, really, liking the look of the P182, it has so many awesome features! But I dont know if it lacks in keeping things cool?

Yeah, I see what you mean about the WC\'ing ;) lol

PabloTeK

Based on what I like I'd go for the P182, but your graphics card is awfully big whch may cause problems.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
900 ;),only thing i dont like about the 900 is the side window....it would have looked so much better if it was a square window imo.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
I'd have to go with one of the cases, too. WCing just seems too risky - I'll never understand the need to tempt fate just for a few *C and bragging rights.

taylormsj

That watercooling kit youve posted performs on par with top end air cooling, as is definatly not worth it !!

If your seriosu about w/c, then theres no oint in cheaping out, so youll need around £150, id go for a new heatsink if its temps your after, considering the artic freezer is easily outperformed now, and your case looks cool anyway

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
The P180/2 has plenty of cooling. It has a top, rear, bottom and optional dual front 120mm fans. I would recommend going with it.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Thanks for the answers guys, seems to be pretty mixed...

The only thing that\'s stopping me getting the P182 is the fact that the cooling may not be as good as that in the 900.

Taylor, Yeah, I think I\'ve already ruled out the WCing ;) You think a new HSF would be better than a new case? I don\'t know...

Vipernitrox

i've got an p182 for almost a year now with 2 different setups.
I can tell you, it has plenty cooling. The 900 will probably cool better.
But my p182 cools more then enough and is extremely quiet even with the default fan setup (if you set them to low).

If i look at your current hardware you could easily cool it in this case. The only thing you might need to do is attach a cooler to the upper hard drive bay to cool your vid card. You'l still have room for 4 hard drives in the lower bay.

The only downside i've experienced with the p182 is that the hooks you hang your side doors aren't to strong. But that's no problem if you're carefull.
I don't know to much about the 900 but i can tell you the p182 has a great way of cabling. You can pretty much work away any cabling behind the motherboard tray.

If you need any info/ pics about my setup just pm me or something.
Also i've already ordered a sparkle 8800gt coolpipe 3 (passive cooling) which is probably coming in wednesday. After that i can tell you how the added heat in my case will work on the other components.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Thanks a lot for the info! :)
If you can, could you PM me some pictures of the case and how the cable mangment is?

How are your temps too?
That's my main concern, well, question, is the cooling on the P182 as good as the Antec 900?

Thanks!

Vipernitrox

My temps right now idling:

--------[ EVEREST Ultimate Edition ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------[ Sensors ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensoreigenschappen:
Sensortype ITE IT8718F (ISA 290h)
GPU sensortype Diode (NV-Diode)
Moederbordnaam Asus P5N-E SLI
Chassis inbreuk opgemerkt Ja

Temperaturen:
Moederbord 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU 29 °C (84 °F)
CPU #1 / Kern #1 31 °C (88 °F)
CPU #1 / Kern #2 27 °C (81 °F)
GPU diode 60 °C (140 °F)
SAMSUNG HD501LJ 37 °C (99 °F)

The hd is pretty hot i know. When i've installed the vid card i'll make some pics and post them here (wanna show of my build anyways). There you'll see why my hd is so hot.

what do you mean by the antec 1200? this one?

taylormsj

wow that case is hot !!, TBH danny, a new case would be nice, but a new heatsink such as the tuniq tower will give you better cpu temperatures than any case upgrade will IMO, get both :D

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe there is a release date for the 1200 yet. As far as the WC, only do that if you plan on OC'ing, otherwise, it's not really necessary, IMO. In fact, you can get a pretty good OC without water. :)

Kornowski

VIP Member
I see your point Mike, I'll leave the WC'ing then :p

I can either;

Get an Antec 900 and keep my current HSF.

Get an Antec P182 and keep my current HSF and mount the Sythe Kama Bay on the front.

Or get a Cool Masters 690, a Tuniq Tower and mount the Kama Bay on the front.

Would the last option be worth the money and see any difference in the temps?

Vipernitrox

scythe kama bay in your p182 is useless... you can easily mount a fan in front or at the back of the upper drive bay, practically the same result.

Why not take a p182 and a new hsf? Like the tuniq tower you mentioned or the scythe infinity.