New Computer Build

Akosarz

So what do you think? I havent ordered the parts yet but I think I would like to go with this. BTW, I want to keep the price as close to 800 as possible.

MOBO

CPU

RAM

GPU

PSU

HD

MONITOR

CASE

I plan on doing some mid-level gaming, such as Oblivion and Half life 2 but also some newer ones too hopefully.

Thanks!:D

millz777

nice build, with that mobo you could get better ram i think (1333 instead of 1066), but you wont notice much of a difference, nice build though!

Euklid

Wow, a motherboard for $110 with dual pci-e 16x slots. American dollars goes a lot
farther than the Canadian dollar.

HumanMage

I would go with the 940. If I'm not mistaken that is the best CPU AMD makes at the moment, and it is very cheap. It won't outperform the i7s but you get a good bang for the buck.

bcoffee20

the 940 is one of the best with the new release of the am3's but thats out of the price range. i suggested the corsair because they are one of the best brands and it's only a few dollars more. also since the cards use around 150 watts each he could sli later on with it if he ever feels the desire.

millz777

Wow, a motherboard for $110 with dual pci-e 16x slots. American dollars goes a lot
farther than the Canadian dollar.

Tell me about it, its worse for us brits, i cant even use Newegg which would be so much cheaper for me :mad: