New Computer Business

Hi guys

I am thinking of setting up an online business that well sell computer components, pre built machines and advice.

Please give me your thoughts.

Many Thanks

Alex

linkin

VIP Member
First and foremost do you have the resources to do it? secondly, you will have to advertise to get your store noticed.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I agree.

Madasahatter, take a look at places like Newegg, Ibuypower, etc and look for yourself. Unless you've got connections and business deals with purchase agreements for literally hundreds of thousands of parts, you'll be blown away by the big boys. They're big for a reason.

BigSteve702

starting online isn't easy. you have to find space for all the inventory, setup accounts with ups worldship or fedex, get a business license, and buy everything in bulk to keep your profit margin acceptable. your best bet would be to start off as a local repair guy, maybe make a simple website, or host yourself on craigslist. once you get a name for yourself, and make some money, start stocking parts you've seen yourself needing alot, and eventually you can work your way up to becoming an online store. going straight to becoming an online store isnt easy unless you already have a crapton of money, or can get a decent business loan