New Computer.

KJGJ

New Member
Hi, I've had my current PC for around a year now, and I'm looking to build a new one. I'm not necessarily a noob, but I'm far from knowing everything that I'm doing, so I'd really like some advice and thoughts on what I've picked out. Thanks in advance.

My current system:
-Gigabyte Technology C51/MCP55
-AMD X2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41GHz
-2.00 GB RAM
-2 Nvidia 7600GT in SLI
-500 Watt ATX Power Supply
-Windows XP Professional

What I want to upgrade to:
-EVGA nforce 780i SLI Motherboard
(I'm wondering if it's even worth getting a new motherboard, but I'd like to be able to run triple SLI).
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor
-I would like to purchase two more 2GB RAM sticks but I have no idea on what to look for in RAM and how to check mobo compatibility.
-3 XFX GeForce 9800 GTX's
-I know I need a new power supply but again, I don't know what to look for in this.
-Windows Vista Home Premium.

Please comment with suggestions and critiques, and thanks again.
 
What is your Budget??

Windows VISTA OK???

Do you need a monitor, mouse + keyboard???

I'll post a build, later.
 
I would like to keep it somewhere around $1200, but I'm very lenient on that benchmark. Windows Vista is okay as I've done a good amount of looking into and I've decided that it's worth upgrading to. I have a very nice monitor, but my keyboard and mouse are decent at best. If my budget remains around the $1200 mark or lower I may look into getting a new mouse/keyboard.
 
I would like to keep it somewhere around $1200, but I'm very lenient on that benchmark. Windows Vista is okay as I've done a good amount of looking into and I've decided that it's worth upgrading to. I have a very nice monitor, but my keyboard and mouse are decent at best. If my budget remains around the $1200 mark or lower I may look into getting a new mouse/keyboard.

OK, i can do that.


Total - box only - $1174.91



Total - box + Mouse and keyboard - $1204.90

Not sure about triple sli :cool: Not sure of a motherboard that you can do that with :cool:

The video card i have recommended are very good, and are better than the 9 series (9600GT).

Hope this is good.
 
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3523225&Sku=E145-2034

That motherboard has triple SLI, but as I have never used an EVGA motherboard I was wondering if anyone had any input.

I'm looking into the XFX 9800 GTX, not the 9600 GT. The 9800 GTX and the EAH4850 are neck and neck in benchmarks tests, so I'd rather just stick with the 9800 GTX since I'm a large Nvidia person, and not much of an ATI fan.

I also already have a nice case, hard drive, and CPU cooler, so I'm all set in those categories.
 
EVGA is a great company, though they are a little expensive, my last PC had one, and it lasted forever, LOL it still lasting... Right now i'm giving ECS a Try, but I'm scared..LOL...
 
96814102qk9.jpg


That's the cart I picked out from Tiger Direct. Anyone have any suggestions before I purchase it?
 
Back
Top