I am looking to purchase a new desktop computer very soon, and I would like some advice/insight. I am currently looking at buying a pre-built, specifically this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103264
I want a computer that can handle multiple tasks with ease (HD video, games, internet, music), and my topline budget is $650. I would like HDMI and a dedicated graphics processor. As far as gaming goes, I would like to be able to play the new Star Wars:Old Republic when it comes out next spring at fairly high settings. Is this doable given my budget? The required specs aren't out yet, but I suspect the game won't be overly taxing.
I have considered building my own, but I have NO idea where to start. Anybody have a good list of components that would work well within my budget? I really have no idea what "good" components are, so any advice would be much appreciated.
I want a computer that can handle multiple tasks with ease (HD video, games, internet, music), and my topline budget is $650. I would like HDMI and a dedicated graphics processor. As far as gaming goes, I would like to be able to play the new Star Wars:Old Republic when it comes out next spring at fairly high settings. Is this doable given my budget? The required specs aren't out yet, but I suspect the game won't be overly taxing.
I have considered building my own, but I have NO idea where to start. Anybody have a good list of components that would work well within my budget? I really have no idea what "good" components are, so any advice would be much appreciated.