New Desktop for Photo editing question

I am now getting together information to purchase a new computer for photo editing. I use high megapixel cameras 32 MP's and run Photoshop. LR and several other photo editing programs. I shoot weddings so I edit literally thousands of photos so speed is very important. I am looking to gain speed by upgrading my current computer I 7 3.4 Ghz 3rd Generation , 16 GB ram . 2 TB Sata HD,NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 so it has been doing a pretty good job but it is 4 years old I am now considering this to kind of increase performance and somewhat future proof for the next 4 or 5 years Here is what I am considering: Dell XPS 8920 Intel I7 7 th Generation 4.2 Ghz 64 GB Ram, 1Tb ssd + 4 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 730. I do only picture editing and no video editing so my question is will this upgrade significantly increased my performance?Thank you in advance

Alan

beers

Staff member
How much of your current 16G do you utilize?

The 730 really isn't a worthwhile upgrade over the 620 unless your application is CUDA accelerated, then I'd get a higher card.

Calin

The 730 really isn't a worthwhile upgrade over the 620 unless your application is CUDA accelerated, then I'd get a higher card.
Well he's buying a prebuilt PC so he is pretty much forced to "upgrade" to the 730.

Yes I do realize 64 GB may be excessive but the pre built computer comes with that and I dont think it would hurt I think the 1 TB ssd drive and the faster processor would be beneficial, about the GT 730 I have read it is only a slight upgrade over the 620 but if I do no video editing and no gaming would that make a difference how much does the video card affect photo editing?