New desktop keeps waking up from sleep

OddBall

I bought a new HP desktop with Windows 10. It keeps waking up from sleep by itself. I switched off wake timers, turned off the mouse, turned off Realtek controller. Still is waking up. Using command prompt doesn't reveal the source anymore. I have the PC plugged in to Ethernet via AC powerline. Would switching to Wifi help? Looks like I need to disable shell-usoscan. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

usoscan.PNG

Last edited:

OmniDyne

Hello OddBall!

Shell-usoscan is related to Windows Task Scheduler, sometimes it can be an automatic scan for an update.

What programs/ applications do you have running when the computer is put into standby?

How often does the computer wake from sleep?

Go to Start, and type Event Viewer. Check the Windows Logs and look for Power-Troublshooter.

Helper.jpg

OddBall

Hello OddBall!

Shell-usoscan is related to Windows Task Scheduler, sometimes it can be an automatic scan for an update.

What programs/ applications do you have running when the computer is put into standby?

How often does the computer wake from sleep?

Go to Start, and type Event Viewer. Check the Windows Logs and look for Power-Troublshooter.

View attachment 8694
Usually have a browser and/or Word opened. Here's a screenshot of my most recent unexplained wake. It wakes by itself once every few days. Used to be more frequent, but I turned a bunch of stuff off.

eventlog.PNG

Intel_man

VIP Member
You can try disabling wake on lan in the settings for your nic to see if your computer is being called from within your network for some reason.