New Desktop PC Advice wanted

dennykyser

I am having some problems with my computer (2 year old Dell 4600) and needing a back up anyways so going to get a new PC while I reformat my dell.

I am a photographer and very busy this time of year so not sure if I can wait for Dell to send me one, or even have a system built. Can you guys recomend a quick fix for a PC. I have always had luck with Dells but some say most comercial built PC's are the same. I dont know so asking you guys who do.

I can install things like modems. Pci cards, network cards, ram etc. but that is all I have ever done, so probably not a good canidate to build my own.

I am looking for something like a P4 with a min 512 ram, 160 gig hd and need to burn both CD's and DVD's.

Hope you can get me looking in the right direction. :)

skidude

www.ibuypower.com

I just ordered a computer from there, and it should be shipped tomorrow... they have a wide range of options for the lowest prices around, plus, they have options to build it and ship it out the next buisness day and have overnight shipping....

dennykyser

Thats too bad, I liked what I saw on their site, but cant risk hard earned $$ on a company with a bad Rep.

Any other companies that are recomended that are quick to ship?

XHotxEx791

That's not a company that builds whole pcs that can be customized. Monarch is a company everyone likes, but definitely the prices aren't as good as cyberpower, but still pretty cheap. Same as building yourself +50 around.

Roger

skidude

Dennykyser, when I get my PC from ibuypower I will let you know if everything is there and how I wanted it. Also, at resellerratings.com/seller2001.html if you look at the recent customer reviews of ibuypower, the past like 20 are all positive.... maybe they are improving...

skidude

Ok, I've recieved my PC from ibuypower, and I am VERY impressed. I ordered 3 day shipping, it came in a day and a half! They also gave me an upgrade on my speakers since the ones I ordered were discontinued. They also gave me a FREE upgrade to Coold Cathode lighting!! Everything was perfect and exactly as I wanted it. It worked perfectly right out of the box (which was packed smartly and securly).... I have had a great expirience with them.... highly recommend!

dennykyser

Skidude, I am glad your PC came as you ordered, I know the wait can drive you nuts. I have already ordered the equipment to build my own. I will let you know how this turns out, after reading this forum and doing some checking made me want to try it. :D

skidude

Ok, have fun. I loved building my first PC, however after building at least 6 over my life I decided to just get one pre built, and it was stress free!! ;)