new gameing computer

JasonPDK

That CPU won't work, swap it for the i7-4770k. That CPU cooler isn't compatible, if you're not overclocking the stock cooler will work fine (I use it). If you are make sure the one you get is compatible with the LGA 1150 socket.

Also, I'd swap the power supply for a Corsair HX 750. It has more power (leaves you more room for a future upgrade), but also with PSUs I prefer to go for the well known brands like Corsair.

Other than that, that build looks good! With those changes the price is slightly more, but I think it's worth it. Also, I'm assuming you live in the UK, that means you can't buy from Newegg. I recommend Novatech, I use them myself all the time.

Jiniix

I would go with Spirits build.
But if you want to save some money:
Mobo:
GA-Z87X-UD4H -> GA-Z87X-UD3H
RAM:
Change to a 2x4GB kit
HDD:
Change to a 1TB (unless you need 2TB, most people don't)
PSU:
XFX ProSeries 750W -> Corsair CX600M (750W is too much for a single card configuration. Only 750W if you plan on getting a second card)

Should get your total below £1300 and perform just the same in games.

spirit

Staff member
I would go with Spirits build.
But if you want to save some money:
Mobo:
GA-Z87X-UD4H -> GA-Z87X-UD3H
RAM:
Change to a 2x4GB kit
HDD:
Change to a 1TB (unless you need 2TB, most people don't)
PSU:
XFX ProSeries 750W -> Corsair CX600M (750W is too much for a single card configuration. Only 750W if you plan on getting a second card)

Should get your total below £1300 and perform just the same in games.

Yeah it was for a friend who wanted 16GB of RAM, plenty of disk space and a large power supply just for the future.

Do all of that and get a 128GB SSD instead and you should be well below £1300, probably more like £1100-1200. :)