New Gaming build on a budget

kyleswitch

New Member
I don't have a real price limit, but I don't have a lot of money to spare at the same time. Here is what I have picked out, there is no GPU so I need help with that and I get windows 7, the full version, for free so i'm not worried about that.

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119161

CPU/MoBo combo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.295032

Psu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817189005

Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220436

HD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136098

cd/dvd Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827131061

Heatsink: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134

Plus, all the reviews for these parts were great :good:

What do you think?

If anyone has parts that fit this build, or better, and could sell them to me so I could save some money that would be great.
 
Last edited:
Neither of those are much good. Lower timing doesnt mean much when they just bump up the default voltage. One is 9-9-9-24 at 1.65V the other is 7-7-7-20 at 1.95V. Better to have both, lower timing and voltage.

Get either of these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303

The first pair have a high timing and low voltage. Didn't you say that wasnt good :confused: But the second pair makes more sensem but I have never seen timing like that.
 
No, I have all my music and what not on my laptop, with the CD/DVD Burner. Ill put one on this new build eventually, but Im really tight on what I can spend. That extra $30 makes a difference in my books.

As it does in most people's ;) How much are you looking to spend on a GPU?
 
I have a post on the video card forum, but did anyone have anything in mind. Ill be playing Wow, Diablo 3, Star craft 2, maybe MW2 and crysis.
 
Question. Is the PSU going to have a problem running all this great stuff? Im only going to have 2 hard drives eventually and I am going to try out overclocking sometime. If that helps.
 
Question. Is the PSU going to have a problem running all this great stuff? Im only going to have 2 hard drives eventually and I am going to try out overclocking sometime. If that helps.

I think the XClio can handle the load, you can always upgrade later when you decide to OC and add another HDD :D
 
Back
Top