New gaming pc freezing

Brandon4200

Just bought a new hp pavilion. Has decent gou and cpu. I upgraded the ram to 16g and added a 2tb hdd. Problem is after initial start up i download steam and a couple games. I also download software for my mouse and keyboard and corsair icue. Thats it! Pc runs fine as losg as i dont turn it off or reset it. If i do it will load up like everything is fine but as soon as i click on anything it gives me the loading cursor and never goes away. It will never load anything. I spent 3 hours on the phone with hp truing to get it fixed. We went through ever test we could think of and everything seems to b ok. Ive reset the pc and reinstalled windows about 5 times now and it still screws up. I thought maybe it was the save point since the pc only comes with a 280 something ssd factory and 8 gig of ram. So i installed the 2tb hdd and moved all my downloads the it. Still no fix.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You said you added ram, does that mean you bought some and added to the existing? If so, remove new ram and only use existing and see what happens. Most likely an issue between memory chips or bad ram.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so my guess is there still could be something up with the ram you got or possibly one of the hard drives. Did you try using the pc before adding stuff to it? If so then remove anything you added and go from there. Go back to what it came with and see how it reacts. If its still acting bad then return it.

beers

Staff member
We went through ever test we could think of and everything seems to b ok. Ive reset the pc and reinstalled windows about 5 times now and it still screws up
What does that actually entail?

Also fresh installing windows right after fresh installing windows doesn't really gain you anything. Seems like there's a driver bundle or similar that you're not including.