New Hard Drive Help!!!

Eatsleepdrivesc

Hey there guys,

Im new here. Thanks for all of your help ahead of time. I have a HP ZD8000 Laptop. Right now it has a 80GB Ultra ATA/100 EIDE hard drive - 4,200RPM, 2.5-inch form factor, 1.0-inch height hard drive. Im looking to upgrade it. I dont really need more than 60 gigs. I want to get a 7200 RPM in here though.

Im looking at this one. Will it fit / work with my laptop?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Hitachi-Tra...goryZ167QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If not can you guys please tell me a good one that will and where I can buy it?

Thanks!

Esd!

Eatsleepdrivesc

I dont really need anymore than 60 GB. So a 60 or 80 GB would do just fine. All I really want is a 7200 RPM one. Can you guys please tell me a good one that will work with my laptop?

Thanks! ( Cromewell thanks for telling me that, saved my self the return process, I really appreciate it! )

cohen

I just had a look at the ebay link (now i am home) and for that price it is not worth it! Still have a look at the list i posted above. Post a link to one(s) you like and we can tell you which is the best one to go for.

Eatsleepdrivesc

I just had a look at the ebay link (now i am home) and for that price it is not worth it! Still have a look at the list i posted above. Post a link to one(s) you like and we can tell you which is the best one to go for.

Well i know very little when it comes to the details about the computer.

I need something thats going to fit and be 7200RPM's if possible.

What do you guys recommend for my laptop?

cohen

Well i know very little when it comes to the details about the computer.

I need something thats going to fit and be 7200RPM's if possible.

What do you guys recommend for my laptop?

The list i posted above is a list of hard drives that at 7,200 RPM, now it depends budget and how big??? i would say a 120GB or a 160GB....

Eatsleepdrivesc

It'll work, but it's 5400 RPM, not 7200 RPM.

Vista is the OS for now... it'll be obsolete pretty quick once Windows 7 launches. :p

thats fine.

I gave up serching for the 7200.

I had to reset the whole laptop yeasterday night and now its screeching and making grinding noises.

I got the one from newegg that i put up the link of.

What do you guys think of the one i chose?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
It should be. You obviously wont have an OS or any other data on the new drive when you install it though.