New HDD in Computer.. FAILED

baseball7

So, i updated my computer and kept my HDD..
now the parts that used to be in my computer are now in another computer, with an older HDD... whenever i turn on that computer, it loads.. then whenever it comes to the Windows 7 load screen.. i see the GREEN and RED dots move then stop and it restarts... i have looked all over online for a solution.. My BSOD says to check for a virus, but i scanned the computer before i upgraded it, and i dont think a computer can get a virus if its not plugged in...
I just have no clue where to go with this...
Any help is lovely.. thanks everyone

baseball7

lol no.. cause my dad wants to keep all the files.. but i hve a backup INTERNAl HDD... how do i check to see if that has been backing up all of my data from my main hdd

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you will have to do a fresh install of windows because you have all new hardware on a different motherboard. Just backup any data you need to keep off the drive and then reinstall windows.

Troncoso

VIP Member
you'll have to connect the drives to another computer and save the files on that. You can do that for both drives to make sure you get everything.

old_school

Yes, you will have to do a fresh install of windows because you have all new hardware on a different motherboard. Just backup any data you need to keep off the drive and then reinstall windows.

What John said, when you update hardware on Windows it freaks out. Depending on how many new hardware devices you introduce will determine how badly it "freaks out". In most cases, people just do a reinstall when upgrading. It elminates these issues and gives them a fresh start.