New Headphones time. Puppy 1 Headphones 0

WeatherMan

No explanation needed obviously.

Yeah anyway I need a set of headphones now. Whats good?

Don't want to go over £30

:good:

WeatherMan

I'm going to buy from HifiBitz.

On offer are.

SkullCandy Icon
Sony MDR-XD200
Sennheiser HD 201
Sony MDR-V300
AKG K512
SkullCandy Lowrider
Sennheiser eH 150
Audio-Technica T44

WeatherMan

The EH 150's are btter than the others ones.

Ill get specs in a bit.

I may just look at reviews of the phones then see which ones I prefer, thats all that matters at the end of the day really.

What would you go for?

Ive heard good things about Skullcandy.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sony MDR-XD200...i have them....fantastic!

These

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344046/Trail/searchtext>HEADPHONES.htm

They are fantastic...i had one set for 2 years,but due to heavy use one of the speakers went.....i brought another of the same pair the next day....ive had these pair for over a year now and they are still going strong.

The sound quality from them is realy good for a £15 set,and because they are padded they are nice to wear.

They was £19.99 when i got them.

when my current ones fail again..il buy another set again,2 year life span for £15 is good imo.

Last edited:

WeatherMan

Okay thanks, I think I'll go with them. I can pick them up for £20 delivered, which saves me a bit of cash ;)

ETSA

I agree with the pair of sony's, I have a bose set now, but those sonys are great for the price. Had them for 5 years, still have them, just not in use.

Dropkickmurphys

Sony MDR-XD200...i have them....fantastic!

These

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344046/Trail/searchtext>HEADPHONES.htm

They are fantastic...i had one set for 2 years,but due to heavy use one of the speakers went.....i brought another of the same pair the next day....ive had these pair for over a year now and they are still going strong.

The sound quality from them is realy good for a £15 set,and because they are padded they are nice to wear.

They was £19.99 when i got them.

when my current ones fail again..il buy another set again,2 year life span for £15 is good imo.

I use the same headphones, I love them too. They are brilliant! Truely awesome find! lol

Im only on my 2nd pair cause my dad ran over the lead with the hoover lol...

WeatherMan

Okay guys...Again.

I need some new headphones.

The right side speaker has gone, don't know how but it's not producing any sound anymore, I think I have some bad luck with cheap headphones lol.

I'm now looking for something in the £50/60 bracket.

Any Suggestions?

I'm pretty keen to pick up a set of Sehnns.

daisymtc

Okay guys...Again.

The right side speaker has gone, don't know how but it's not producing any sound anymore, I think I have some bad luck with cheap headphones lol.

Any Suggestions?

If you buying Sennheiser, don't buy from amazon/ ebay/ play.com. Sennheiser don't provide warranty if you buying from those.

BTW, I recommend you go to head-fi.org to ask for expert suggestion.
Apart from budget, what type of headphone you like?
Open/ Closed? Circumaural/Supraaural?
What type of music are you listening?
What sound signature you like? A lot of bass? Or perfer balanced?

It would be hard to recommend if you don't state the details.

Last edited:

Mr soft

I have a set of Sennheiser HD 457. they are beautiful. If I had the choice again I would´ve picked closed. The open earphones let a lot of external noise in. The 220 was my favourite but I also ran over the cables with the chair (a couple of thousand times ) and mashed them.

WeatherMan

Daisy, I'm looking for quite a bit of bass but also good terble and sharp sounds.

Not too bothered about open/closed phones, I'll mainly be using them for nighttime gaming / music listening with doors closed so that I don't wake up the house.

I listen to pretty much everything, But I do like a bit of bass.

daisymtc

Daisy, I'm looking for quite a bit of bass but also good terble and sharp sounds.

Not too bothered about open/closed phones, I'll mainly be using them for nighttime gaming / music listening with doors closed so that I don't wake up the house.

I listen to pretty much everything, But I do like a bit of bass.

I am no expert on headphone, as I am more familiar with earphone...
May be cheap Sennheiser PX100?? JVC HA-RX700?? AKG K 81 DJ??

Again, it would be better for you to ask the expert.

PunterCam

Okay guys...Again.

Any Suggestions?

Sennheisers aren't all they're cracked up to be. I've got a set of HD250s, which are pretty pricey, and I don't find them particularly honest or durable.
These http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-...ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257613236&sr=1-120 are probably a decent enough set if you're after some though.

Sony absolutely make the best high-end head phones out there though - these http://www.amazon.co.uk/MDR-7509-Pr...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257613405&sr=1-11 are really lovely. A tad dull, but easy going to listen to. Destroyed my set a couple of years back though, replaced them with the sennheisers which have been poor. These http://www.amazon.co.uk/MDR7506-Stu...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257613433&sr=1-56 I also have, quite a bit brighter than the other sonys, and sit more 'on' your ears than 'over', but still useful. Whether they're any good for extended listening I don't know. There's a few other sony sets around the £50 - £70 mark, I'd give them all a good look.