new hp laptop only 4 gb ram can i increase it?

prop

just got this new as a backup and didn`t realize it would be slow. apparently the ram capacity is only 4gb. how can i make it faster?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What is the exact model of laptop? Without that we don't know what the specs are.

prop

HP 14 Laptop, AMD 3020e, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC Storage, 14-inch HD Touchscreen, Windows 10 Home in S Mode, Long Battery Life, Microsoft 365, (14-fq0050nr, 2020)zx bbvv .Laptop-19dppveh

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You bought a cheap very low end bottom of the barrel laptop. Slow dual core processor max ram is 4gb. Those things should be outlawed. They are garbage. Buy a better machine is all you can do. Get one with at least 8 to 16 gb ram 1tb ssd and a quad core pu with at least a base clock of greater than 2ghz.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That would be a big no. As I said 4gb ram is the max that will support. The cpu is soldered on and can't be changed. The hard drive is actually an mmc chip and can't be changed either. So it seems you just bought the cheapest thing you saw without doing any research on it. Those things are basically for little kids to play on.

Intel_man

VIP Member
HP 14 Laptop, AMD 3020e, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC Storage, 14-inch HD Touchscreen, Windows 10 Home in S Mode, Long Battery Life, Microsoft 365, (14-fq0050nr, 2020)zx bbvv .Laptop-19dppveh
Hate to break it to you... but you bought e-waste.