New Laptop for an engineering student ( answer asap pls gonna buy it tomorrow .. :c )

Unknown Fighter

Hi everyone ,
I'm an engineering student and i want to get a new laptop and i don't know which one to choose from the following suggestions :

- HP EliteBook 840 G5 i5 8th Gen
- HP EliteBook 830 G5 i5 8th Gen
- LENOVO THINKPAD E480 (20KN0068IG ) ( Core i5 8th Gen )

Id love you guys to suggest for me the best choice out of these 3 with details ^^ ( or another suggestion with nearly the same price ) .
Thank you all in advance

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
All you list is I5 cpu, would need to know exact I5 each comes with along with how much ram, etc... Can you post links to each one?

Unknown Fighter

Ah I'm sorry ,

- HP EliteBook 840 G5 14" LCD Notebook - Intel Core i5 (8th Gen) i5-8250U Quad-core (4 Core) 1.60 GHz - 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM - 256 GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (English) - 1920 x 1080 - Sure View, IPS Tech
- The second one is like the first one , its just with a smaller size I guess
-
Lenovo Thinkpad E480 (20KN0068IG) Laptop (Core i5 8th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/Windows 10).

Unknown Fighter

And concerning the size ? i heard that the big one's battery lasts longer than the small , and also that the small is easier to use .. what do u think ?

beers

Staff member
And concerning the size ? i heard that the big one's battery lasts longer than the small , and also that the small is easier to use .. what do u think ?
These are all 'personal preference' trade offs where you'll just have to decide what's most important for you.