New Laptop/HP Elitebook 840 Advice

So I (total PC noob) am looking at buying a new Laptop.

I currently have an Asus EeeBook X205TA that i use primarily for Uni related stuff and an Acer Travelmat 5760G for surfing, Netflix and a little bit of gaming.

That was until recently because the Acer seems to be dead. I got severe screen flickering that would come and go first but now the screen just stays black entirely. I changed the screen cable but that didnt do anything.

So after research i am suspecting that the grafic card is dead witch would make a repair uneconomical.

The EeeBook is also rather annoying as i it is very slow, the storage space small and the keyboard too small for my liking.

So i would like to get something new that would combine my two needs (relatively light and portable for for university and a big enaugh screen for Netflix).

I came across a refurbished HP Elitebook Ultrabook 840 wich i find attractive because: 8GB RAM, storage expandable/second hard drive slot, 13" screen seems to be a good compromise between the two i have now, seems portable, looks good.

-What difference is there between the 840 G1/G2?

-Are they suitable for moderate gameing, e.g. Counter Strike Source?

-Can i put the Acers HDD in the 840's slot? Could i alternatively connect it to the Laptop via an adaptor to recover my data and use it as an external Harddrive? Does is matter that the Acer ran Win7 while the 840 would run Win10?

-I know these came in different specs, what im looking at right now would be G1/G2 with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage.

-Do you have other suggestions?