New Laptop Ordered WadyaThink?

CrazyMike

After reading this thread it reminds me of an "apple vs pc" thread.

To the OP: I like your purchase. I totally understand why you want an alienware. I actually was looking at alienware before buying my xps.

To Wolfe: (hope you don't mind me calling you wolfe) totally hear what you are saying. There will be differences between brands. Some good some bad, in the end it comes down to what the consumer wants. For eample: you can tell an apple fanboy in many different ways why another pc is better than the planned purchase apple product this person is making. It comes down to if the person wants and apple, they want an apple. Making sense or not, its what the comsumer wants.

I actually never concidered Sager when I bought my laptop, thanks for suggesting it wolfe. I'm actually in the market for another laptop.

Geoff

VIP Member
That looks like a great laptop, I'm jealous! I've been looking at Alienware laptops as well, but what I really want is one with a great display as well as great specs.

As far as the RAM goes, the difference between 16GB and 32GB cost wise is not much at all, so there's not really that much of a reason not to go with it.

Darren

Staff member
Hey man nice laptop, I personally would not buy a alienware but on that same note it is like comparing a BMW to a Taurus SHO, same in performance but the SHO is cheaper but on the other hand when you own a BMW you own a name.

Totally agreed with this. It's a powerful laptop but you probably could of saved some money. If you are happy with your purchase and it works for what you want, that's all that matters.

wolfeking

banned
As far as the RAM goes, the difference between 16GB and 32GB cost wise is not much at all, so there's not really that much of a reason not to go with it.
om this one, you are not right. If you bought your own RAM, then it would be right but alienware is charging $150 to go from 16 to 32 GB. That is far too much to waste on something you wont make use of.

To the OP: I like your purchase. I totally understand why you want an alienware. I actually was looking at alienware before buying my xps.

To Wolfe: (hope you don't mind me calling you wolfe) totally hear what you are saying. There will be differences between brands. Some good some bad, in the end it comes down to what the consumer wants. For eample: you can tell an apple fanboy in many different ways why another pc is better than the planned purchase apple product this person is making. It comes down to if the person wants and apple, they want an apple. Making sense or not, its what the comsumer wants.

I actually never concidered Sager when I bought my laptop, thanks for suggesting it wolfe. I'm actually in the market for another laptop.
I don't mind you calling me Wolfe. I generally only have an issue when people leave off the e in it.

That aside, I hear what you are saying, but I still don't see paying for a name. It is like telling someone they should buy a Lincoln towncar instead of a Crown Vic. Simply because lincoln cost more, even though they come off the same exact assembly line, and have the same specs. Now obviously Asus is not built an a Sager assembly plant, but it is the same theory. They do the same thing, but going from their advertised price, your getting worse performance for the same money.

I would give a serious look at Sager if you are in the market for a laptop. For what you pay for a i7/GTX680/1080p at alienware, you can get i7/7970CFx/1080p matte colour calibrated from Sager.

Last edited:

CrazyMike

... I hear what you are saying, but I still don't see paying for a name. It is like telling someone they should buy a Lincoln towncar instead of a Crown Vic. Simply because lincoln cost more, even though they come off the same exact assembly line, and have the same specs. Now obviously Asus is not built an a Sager assembly plant, but it is the same theory. They do the same thing, but going from their advertised price, your getting worse performance for the same money...

Dude, i hear ya, but some people do.

JackMcHale249

Wolfeking is not going to give this up, Just letting you know forum.
He doesnt accept the fact that i paid the same for my alienware as i would have for a sager with the same specs. And in fact i got An ssd that i would not have gotten aswell. And they were within $100 of eachother.
But thankyou everyone else for your comments. Buy what you want, and what you have the money for. NOT what some other kid on a forum tells you.

wolfeking

banned
Wolfeking is not going to give this up, Just letting you know forum.
He doesnt accept the fact that i paid the same for my alienware as i would have for a sager with the same specs. And in fact i got An ssd that i would not have gotten aswell. And they were within $100 of eachother.
But thankyou everyone else for your comments. Buy what you want, and what you have the money for. NOT what some other kid on a forum tells you.
From what you say you got a family discount and a military discount. There are not many here that are going to get either. For the STATED PRICES the sager is a much better price, has much better built quality, and has a far better cooling design.
But defend alienware all you want.

JackMcHale249

I do not have family in alienware or dell. The sales rep simply put me on the friends and family discount lol. And they didnt ask for anything from the military nor an id. So anyone could say that. Call them. They give you great prices. Simple as that. I think this conversation is over. And I would appreciate a moderator or admin to close this thread. This is just going to become an arguement.

cjmarsh81

Haha. Exactly what I was thinking.

My opinion is if you like the Alienware and are happy with paying the premium price for it then go for it. I have an ASUS laptop and the build laptop is nothing like the Alienware.

I have an Alienware M15X and have had for a couple of years. It is the best laptop I have ever purchased. I cannot overheat the thing, the fans just get faster and faster and I cannot believe the heat pumping out the back.