New low budget build help

ANNR

Hi

My all in one desktop just die on me. It's been almost 7 years since I build my last desktop new so I have no idea about all the computer hardware so I am asking help for building my new

The only requirement I have is it to have sata3 or faster connection for the ssd and has usb 3.0.

The only game I play is ragnarok online and it can run good on a core 2 duo.

The computer just needs to boot fast, open browser fast and will not have any lag or delay feeling when opening programs like the Pentium processor they have out now.

To sum it up, the new computer JUST NEEDS TO performs the same or faster than a core 2 quad and have the benefit of sata 3 and Ian 3.0.

Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The cpu you picked is not what he wants. He wants something that performs the same or better then the core 2 quad. Seriously a Celeron processor? Celerons are bottom of the barrel.

_Kyle_

The cpu you picked is not what he wants. He wants something that performs the same or better then the core 2 quad. Seriously a Celeron processor? Celerons are bottom of the barrel.
:-( Oh sorry. Well. I would op for a ryzen 3 CPU.

Grantapus

Ryzen cost 100 and up. fx6300 is around 70 dollars and has 6 cores. i know he does not need it, but you have to remember, its nice to have a little extra UMPH at times.

Darren

Staff member
Ryzen cost 100 and up. fx6300 is around 70 dollars and has 6 cores. i know he does not need it, but you have to remember, its nice to have a little extra UMPH at times.
Ryzen 3 dumps all over FX 6300. The core efficiency is night and day difference. Even an 8320/8350 to a Ryzen 3 is an upgrade.

Recommending AM3+ for a new build is foolish. Hell it was foolish 2 years ago but even more so now.

Grantapus

Ryzen 3 dumps all over FX 6300. The core efficiency is night and day difference. Even an 8320/8350 to a Ryzen 3 is an upgrade.

Recommending AM3+ for a new build is foolish. Hell it was foolish 2 years ago but even more so now.
Why

Cisco001

i suggest you get G4560 with 8GB RAM and 240GB SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($78.89 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.88 @ OutletPC)
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $457.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-08 12:08 EDT-0400

ANNR

Thanks everyone for your time.

The new build is little bit pricey. I was thinking the line off about $200 dollars but didn't want to buy a acer or low price brand computers since I tried them before and they lag with everyday task. (delay)

My brother just shipped me a 4th generation I5 with mobo ,HDD and Ram. I think I will build off of that.

I already purchased a case and power supply.

Its a big upgrade from the core 2 quad.

anyway I had only played Ragnarok online for over 10 years now so no need for more powerful computer.

Grantapus

Thanks everyone for your time.

The new build is little bit pricey. I was thinking the line off about $200 dollars but didn't want to buy a acer or low price brand computers since I tried them before and they lag with everyday task. (delay)

My brother just shipped me a 4th generation I5 with mobo ,HDD and Ram. I think I will build off of that.

I already purchased a case and power supply.

Its a big upgrade from the core 2 quad.

anyway I had only played Ragnarok online for over 10 years now so no need for more powerful computer.
How much RAM does it have? Also what mobo?

Twiki

That i5 is tons better than all the CPUs mentioned in this thread. Be sure to send your brother a six-pack. :cool: