New memeber, Need some advice..

gtr

A while back i bought a HP Pavalion 541c. 1.67 hz, AMD athlon, 512mb ram, 80gb hard drive. Like 3 years ago it broke, and i just threw it in my closet and brought a labtop. i wanna rig a pc, but i just wanna see if i can either fix the hp, or atleast use some parts of it.

so the problem with it is that it turns on, but then theres this beeping noise.
like every 3 seconds all you hear is, beep! The module light on the tower shows up yellow. and nothing comes up on the screen. just the beeping noise. all hardware is still factory, never been tampered with or anything.
its just this beeping noise and nothing happens after that.
i wanna bulid new computer and maybe i was thinking to just rig something up for the time being. because i know the technology is old, and shitty, but right now, i just need something for school.
its been sitting in my closet, so everything is really really dusty! took it apart today, and hardware/fans are just full of dust, so that might have added to the problem, but if somebody could let me know what the problem is, or if its even worth fixing or not.

sorry about the long post guys......

addle_brains

Sounds like a RAM issue. Or some other hardware. Is the beeping a long continuous one or something like 3 short beeps?

jimkonow

i agree...and dont worry about long posts, theyre more descriptive, and we need the best descriptions possible to help you :)

gtr

Sounds like a RAM issue. Or some other hardware. Is the beeping a long continuous one or something like 3 short beeps?

there short beeps every 3 seconds.
nothing shows up on the screen either....
you guys know what causes this?

Last edited: