New monitor - Thinks its broke

SuperDuperMe

Hi guys i bought a new monitor yesterday off gumtree and i think its broke.

Basically the picture look really blotchy like a negative but without the negative colours. Like a cartoon or something.

Its hard to explain but it looks horrible.

Is my monitor broke, just bad quality (its a cheap no name brand DGM d2362 or something) or is there a setting i could play with?

SuperDuperMe

Erm, i could try with my phone but it wont be great quality.

Gimme a sec.

EDIT: This is best i could do

522520_306604762790233_1691433178_n_zpsf120d8e3.jpg

The problem is where colours change to a completely different colour, it looks really abrupt, its not subtle and it looks like the area is moving if that makes any sense.

Its really wierd :/ This is my first high res monitor, is it just a by product of high res? Or is my monitor just screwed.

Solid colours are absolutly fine, if there is no fadeing of colours into another colour it looks fantastic. But if there is a change or a colour fades into something else that when this occurs.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/media/artwork/?keywords=&view#/artwork-starcraft04

This is the original image.

Last edited:

WeatherMan

I have no idea of what could be causing that, but that certainly doesn't look right to me!

You said you bought it off gumtree, how was the product described?

SuperDuperMe

Couple of dead pixels but generally fine. I checked it out and everything and it looked find when i had it plugged into my laptop but plugging it into my tower and this happens :p I can live with it but its a bit annoying. Its like its too sharp or something as nothing seems to blend.

Its wierd as this page i am now looks fantastic. But anything graphics wise (games or pictures) seem to have that crazy effect :/

MMM

If the monitor worked ok on laptop then check your PC's video card resolution to make sure it is at your highest settings.

SuperDuperMe

It is the highest it can be, also, iv just cleaned my pc out as gpu has been giving me grief and i noticed a thick build up of dust in the pcie slot, anyway i blasted that out with some compressed air, put it all back together and now the screen has gone fuzzy. Like an old tv suffering from interference :/ anyone know what may be up with it?

SuperDuperMe

It says 32 bit. I tried the monitor on my latop and same thing, i think iv been ripped off. Guy isnt replying to my text. I am f***ing fuming seriously.

This damn PoS was alrightish one min and now it fooooked.

The above problems apply still but now it has pink blotches and stripes and everything looks pixelated.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

The guy i bought it off text me back but when i said it was 100% the monitor (after testing other drivers, laptop, cables, monitors etc) he didnt bother texting back so doesnt look like i will get my money back.

Any quick fixes or you guys heard of similar problems?

Google is coming up with nothing for me but then again i dont really know how to describe the problem.

Last edited:

WeatherMan

So you have this problem on every machine you attach the monitor to?

Try running the resolution down and maybe bit depth just to see if there is any change.

Also if you have a restore to factory defaults option on the OSD try that.

I would also try a different monitor cable

SuperDuperMe

Tried everything you mentioned there. Its has got progressively worse throughout the day. I will upload another pic to show you what i mean.

425653_306785542772155_105351648_n_zps2af11fbe.jpg

Solid colours are fine but anything not solid is like this. Its as if the monitor is not blending any colour together properly.

Anyone seen this before? Is it possibly an easy fix? Or is this monitor just DOA?

Last edited: