new monitor

Binary Coder

Im going to be buying a new monitor and i was looking at the new Samsung SM226BW. Im going to be building a new computer and plugging that in also. I love the look of it and its a good size for my studying and watching videos and such.

But due to restrictions for furniture in my room, i was thinking of buying this monitor to replace my toshiba 21" crt tv. Now i've had some good service out of that tv, but i dont see the point having a tv and a pc monitor, takes up too much space.

Would i be able to hook the tv, dvd player and xbox 360 up through this screen so i have it all in one place, do i just need like a box to plug it into and then into the dvi port?

Any suggestions and what do you think the quality of tv and an xbox 60 would be like?

thanks

PC eye

banned
Video cards these days allow for using a tv as a second monitor via s-video. X-Box and vga are not capatible. Here I can connect cable tv to an internal tv tuner card for viewing by that means. There you could try using the tv as the monitor allowing the X-Box, regular tv, and desktop application for your video card to detect the tv as the main display.

PC eye

banned
You would need something like that in order to convert the signal output from an X-Box system into standard vga. That's why you can't go directly from a tv type gaming system into an lcd or even crt monitor. The alternative is of course is what was previously mentioned of using a tv as the monitor to combine both worlds there.