!!!!!New Motherboard HELP!!!!!

mihir

VIP Member
Hello
Been out of touch and forums for a long time so now I need some help.
My computer stopped working(the on in the sig).
So I tried lots of things and finally gave up because i wasnt able to diagnose because of lack of redundant hardware.So I got it checked from a computer repair shop and as it turns out my motherboard was busted(I am also getting a second opinion).
Anyways I have been out of touch for the past year because busy with college (Computer Engineering is tough).And it is also majorly software based.

So now I need a new motherboard.
What I want is a motherboard
LGA 1366
USB 3.0
SATA II
2/3 PCIE 16 (sli/cf)

so please suggest me some models preferable Gigabyte,Asus,MSI,Foxconn
I will be getting a used one most probably so i wont be deciding on a fixed model and see what deals i can get and post them here also to verify whether it is worth it or not. And also if there is something new I should know about please tell me.
I am open to suggestions.Like waiting for upgrade and upgrade my CPU itself etc etc
and someone also pleae suggest me how to check whether a used motherboard is in a perfect working condition or not.Thank You

fastdude

Hey mihir, welcome back :D

I don't know what prices are like in India, but the best X58 motherboards for the money would be:
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
Asus P6X58D-E
Asus Sabertooth X58

My suggestion would be: Wait for Intel's new CPUs, Sandy Bridge (LGA 1155)
They are coming on January the 9th. You'll need a new mobo, CPU and dual-channel RAM. And if you have any money left over, GTX560 when it comes out.

mihir

VIP Member
Hey fastdude
I see drastic increase in the post count.
You have been around havent you.

Thanks for the list
I had the UD3R in mind but thought something new might have come up and thought better to ask.
And as for the sandy bridge I won't go for it straight ahead I might wait for the Bulldozer to come out and then will go according to the comparison.

any news on anything high performance from AMD and when will it be released.
It is still Bulldozer only or is it something else.

anyways I wont go for sandy bridge straight away in Jan.
Will wait and see and compare and then.
And as for the GTX 560 NAAHHHHH!!!

Dont play many games now so the gtx 275 will suffice for the HD movie and dual monitor needs