New Mouse Causing Windows To Crash?

TehBlizzy

Within the last week or so, my computer has been freezing completely, no matter what I am doing. It crashes during games, crashes while watching videos, and recently crashed during sleep mode at the log-in screen.

The only thing that has changed is for Christmas I was bought a new mouse,a Razer Lachesis ( http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-lachesis/ )

Up until recently I was using the PS/2 mouse that came with the computer and the computer had never crashed once. About 10 minutes ago, I looked into the Device Manager and noticed the mouse appears under two different categories:
1. As "Lachesis mouse" under "Human Interface Devices"
2. As "HID-compliant mouse" under "Mouse and other pointing devices"
(Screenshot below)
20495044.jpg

Upon disabling either one, the mouse stops responding and I have to use the keyboard to re-enable it. I'm not sure of it, but I think a single device using two completely different sets of drivers can cause issues, correct?

The Lachesis mouse drivers are fully up-to-date from the website as well

As for the computer freezing, to explain it more would be to say it randomly, at no specific amount of time after being turned on, the entire system stops working. The mouse doesn't respond, the current picture on the monitor stops, and and sound goes mad. The only way to fix it is to hold down the power button until it turns off. Upon restarting, Windows 7 comes up with the screen to start Windows normally, or to use a recently working configuration. That is the only sign the computer gives me that anything wrong had happened. Only once, upon logging in after it crashed over-night, did windows give me an error report and called it a "blue screen" type crash. Amazingly, I have never seen a blue screen before or after it crashed.

I really don't want to get rid of this awesome new mouse, so is there any way I can fix this problem(If the mouse is the problem at all)?

TehBlizzy

No replies? That sucks D;

Anyways, quick update:

Through device manager I tried uninstalling both of the instances of the drivers and, when I remove one, it removes the other with it. So far, the longest the computer has lasted without crashing was about 6 hours (Yay!) and the shortest time was under 45 minutes.

I have observed that it DOES NOT matter what the computer is doing at the time when it decides to crash(Playing games, web browsing, logging into another Windows account, even HIBERNATING!!!!)

I have to find my first mouse now and see if the computer crashes still.

The Razer Lachesis is such a cool mouse, but I would really really hate having to return it.