New nvidia drivers

JLuchinski

So I installed the new drivers tonight, it installed then restarted annnnnd I got nothing, black screen. Took it out and hooked up onboard graphics and it works. Anyone else have this issue?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Uninstall the nvidia driver while using the onboard graphics and then reinsert the card and see if the video comes back. If so, then its a driver issue. If not, then something is up with the card.

JLuchinski

Uninstall the nvidia driver while using the onboard graphics and then reinsert the card and see if the video comes back. If so, then its a driver issue. If not, then something is up with the card.
I had to reinstall everything, f nvidia drivers.

JLuchinski

You can always roll back drivers if you don't feel you benefit from the latest drivers.
Yeah I would of done that if I could get past the blue screen of death that I kept getting at startup. Luckily there was a restore partition on my drive.

beers

Staff member
Usually safe mode will circumvent the video driver so you can uninstall or revert.

JLuchinski

Usually safe mode will circumvent the video driver so you can uninstall or revert.
It was at the point where it wouldn't let me get into safe mode. I am running the new drivers on a fresh os install with no issues so far so it's not an issue with the card thank god. Also I'm glad I had all of my pictures on my G drive so I didn't lose those. I am going to get a back up drive tomorrow, is there a way I can have everything auto backup off of my m.2 drive to an external drive?