Votes: 4 30.8%
  • no

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • somewhat

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnvosh

So now that the NZXT Phantom 820 case has been shown to the world, what does everyone think?

Personally it's okay. I don't care for the cover over the top USB ports though and think it's priced just a bit too high. If if was priced the same as the current Phantom I would probably buy one.

jonnyp11

didn't see pricing, just looked at the asthetics and insides and all on pics, was cool. Just wanna know what's up with that thingy under the front, looks weird and didn't see any comment on practicality or anything.

spirit

Staff member
Don't care for it...Don.t like ANY case that has the PSU at the bottom..

Why? Usually having the PSU at the bottom of the case is better than at the top, it's definitely better for cable management if nothing else.

Sounds to me like you dislike the vast majority of mid- to high-end cases if you don't like the PSU at the bottom. :p

StrangleHold

Staff member
Don't care for it...Don.t like ANY case that has the PSU at the bottom..

Why, do you just like them at the top for cosmetic reasons?

Plus for having them at the bottom.

1. Easier to route cables.

2. The power supply sucks in cool air from the botton inside of case or through a vent in the bottom of case, (power supply runs cooler compaired to sucking in warmer air at the top) What air the power supply sucks in is blown out the back of the power supply as in none of the warm air from the power supply enters the case.

3. Depending on your CPU cooler, having the power supply in the top causes the power supply and CPU fan to fight for air which in turn makes both run slightly warmer.

I really see no advantage with having the power supply in the top.

jonnyp11

Why, do you just like them at the top for cosmetic reasons?

Plus for having them at the bottom.

1. Easier to route cables.

2. The power supply sucks in cool air from the botton inside of case or through a vent in the bottom of case, (power supply runs cooler compaired to sucking in warmer air at the top) What air the power supply sucks in is blown out the back of the power supply as in none of the warm air from the power supply enters the case.

3. Depending on your CPU cooler, having the power supply in the top causes the power supply and CPU fan to fight for air which in turn makes both run slightly warmer.

I really see no advantage with having the power supply in the top.

only downside is what wolfe experienced where the psu's cables weren't long enough to route behind the motherboard comfortably (believe actually squeezing it between the mobo and tray was enough for a snug connection), and they make extenders for a few bucks.

wolfeking

banned
only downside is what wolfe experienced where the psu's cables weren't long enough to route behind the motherboard comfortably (believe actually squeezing it between the mobo and tray was enough for a snug connection), and they make extenders for a few bucks.
Case design, not PSU fault. Drilled a hole and it works fine now.

FuryRosewood

I don't like the entire outside...its too angular for me, i like boxier looking chassis designs. If they made it more square it would be fine but honestly I prefer Antec anyway.

gigabiteme

i like it, but as far as buying it, the price would have to be right, i like
antec 1100 and 300-2<--same as 302 in uk and u.s.a., and also i like bottom
mount psu.i think high end psu s don't create as much heat as they used too,so heat is not a concern to me, and take care people,
regards

tech savvy

Never liked the NZXT Phantom cases, or any NZXT cases for that matter. Just don't like the design/looks of them, plus, most of the case's is made of plastic.

spirit

Staff member
Never liked the NZXT Phantom cases, or any NZXT cases for that matter. Just don't like the design/looks of them, plus, most of the case's is made of plastic.
I quite like my NZXT case, it's actually pretty well built and it's good quality.