New old school cpu or new monitor

spirit

Staff member
No, i was selling my old camping gear from when i was a cadet. The guys basicaly pulled out now i believe as iv not heard anything from him :( Dreams made and shattered within 2 days lmao. Ah well. Guess ill be waiting until the damn job market opens up somewhat :p

Bad luck. :( You could always try selling it all again or as I said just wait...

I'm a cadet right now. Air Cadet. :D

spirit

Staff member
Good choice, i was a flight sergeant with 1832 a few years ago :p

fish heads and yobs are shit :p
Not been promoted yet and I don't really want to be if I'm honest. Cdt forever! :D

Oh well, hopefully you can get something soon...

SuperDuperMe

I will :D:D:D

I gotz a new buyer!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEEEE

And promotions are easy once you show your grown up and mature enough to control a rabble of cdts :p

I was promoted to cpl after 6 month, sgt after a year and half, f/sgt after 2 years :p

Was soooooo close to CWO i was gutted :p

Still got my stripes and brassard somewhere :D

By the way ill be getting q6600, arctic cooler 13, and 2 acrtic cooling f12 fans :D

spirit

Staff member
Awesome news about the new buyer! The stuff you've got planned sounds awesome! You should easily be able to get your Q6600 to around 3.4GHz with that cooler, you may even hit 3.6GHz or even 3.8GHz if your case has good airflow and your cable management is up to scratch.

Yeah I've been a cadet for two years now and I haven't been promoted, but I did get Cadet of the Year 2011 (it's an award our squadron does, not sure if any others do it) so that was good. :) Man you got close to Warrant Officer, we did have a Warrant Officer but a few months after he got promoted he had to leave as he hit his 20th birthday, but now he is an Adult NCO (Sergeant) at our squadron. :)

SuperDuperMe

Yeh we had awards, first year i got our sqd trophy. Second year i got best NCO :p

Was the best time of my life.

I got promoted so quick though due to the size of our sqd. 2 years is the average i believe.

As for the gear. Iv got it in my basket ready to be ordered :D:D:D. Only shit thing is i havent the money for some thermal compound so have to use whats on the acrtic 13, which is a shame. But im giving my e6600 to a friend so he said hes buy me some AS5 :D

So should have my cpu and cpu fan on tuesday/wednesday. New fans about friday. And new thermal compound the week after. So few more weeks and ill have a go at overclocking.

And thanks for the help selecting the parts :D

spirit

Staff member
Well I used the stuff which was already pre-applied onto the Freezer 13 and it works fine for me. I'm encoding some video right now as we speak on my overclocked 2500K which is running at 4.3GHz and the temps are around 57-60C at around 80% load so the stuff it comes pre-applied with should be fine, but yeah if you can get some Arctic Silver that'd be even better. That's good stuff! :D

Let me know how the overclocking goes. :)

Well done on all of those awards you got at Cadets too. :D I'm enjoying Cadets at the moment but it has it's ups and downs.

No probs about the help, happy to help any time! :)

SuperDuperMe

Wait till your an nco and it feels likem your baby sitting :p

Update on the comp stuff......guy turned up. said he was going to his car and then did a runner. Text saying he didnt want it FML...

Luckily this was a different guy. The guy i thought was pissing me about at first rang and said he was still interested so hes coming to pick it up later. Hopefully if he likes the looks of it it will be gone. BUt knowing my luck chances are he wont show lmao. So im tongue in cheek wether i will actually be able to order the stuff.

spirit

Staff member
mikeb2817 said:
Update on the comp stuff......guy turned up. said he was going to his car and then did a runner. Text saying he didnt want it FML...
What is up with people these days? How are you trying to sell this stuff?

You're gonna hate me for suggesting this, but I reckon you should stick it on eBay and say "strictly no time wasters" or something in the description. You'd get it sold that way and if the buyer doesn't pay you can get eBay to back you up.

If you do go the eBay route, make sure you state clearly that you only accept collections. We've sold camping stuff and stoves on eBay in the past and we've had people from Lancashire bid and win the item and then realise it was collection only and then not been to get the stuff (I live in Norfolk by the way). We've had people from London too who have done the same but they've driven up from London to Norwich to get the stuff off us. :/

Hopefully you get your stuff sold one way or another and then you can buy the Core 2 Quuaaadddd and all the cooling equipment. :)

SuperDuperMe

Lol, im selling it on gumtree. I prefer face to face.

Iv got a guy coming up later, and he seems genuine. The last guy was just an idiot. He was telling me how all the gear was in good condition and decently priced. Went to his car. Drove off and then text me saying he didnt want it. Absolute jack ass lol.

spirit

Staff member
Lol, im selling it on gumtree. I prefer face to face.

Iv got a guy coming up later, and he seems genuine. The last guy was just an idiot. He was telling me how all the gear was in good condition and decently priced. Went to his car. Drove off and then text me saying he didnt want it. Absolute jack ass lol.
Well hopefully the new potential buyer will actually buy the stuff from you. The other guy just seems like a time waster.

Good luck with the sale! :good:

SuperDuperMe

Supposed to be now...... No show as of yet FML! :p

EDIT: The guy came :D:D:D Ordered my new gear. Should all be here wednesday :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The guy that came was absolutly sounds. Ex military guy. French legionnaire. So glad iv got rid of the camping gear and bought myself some new pc gear :D:D:D:D

Will post pics of my pc when it gets here in pc pic thread as im going to sort the cables out etc. Get it looking funky fresh.

Again massive thanks vistakid for your help. Really appreciate it. And i will be calling on your knowledge again when i end up overclocking :p

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
mikeb2817 said:
EDIT: The guy came Ordered my new gear. Should all be here wednesday

The guy that came was absolutly sounds. Ex military guy. French legionnaire. So glad iv got rid of the camping gear and bought myself some new pc gear
Sounds to me like you sold it to somebody who wanted it all and would make good use out of it! :) I see you've already updated your signature. ;)

mikeb2817 said:
Will post pics of my pc when it gets here in pc pic thread as im going to sort the cables out etc. Get it looking funky fresh.
Good good - look forward to seeing them! :) Looks like you've got one sleek case there (P182 right?). How are the cable management features in the P182? I love the looks of the case in general myself though. :D

mikeb2817 said:
Again massive thanks vistakid for your help. Really appreciate it. And i will be calling on your knowledge again when i end up overclocking
Not a problem, any time. :) Lemme know if you need any help with anything whether it be overclocking or cable management or whatever. :D

SuperDuperMe

cable management is shit as i bought it used :p And never bothered sorting it out. Im also rocking an ide cd drive so that makes shit messy :p

i intend to sort most of it out when i get my new cpu.

I like the case. Just wish it had a window lmao. I like very flashy cases :p

Hopefully i dont **** anything up :p.

Btw do you know if my mobo is any good for overclocking? I know it was a good htpc mobo (well iv read it was) but not sure how it is on oc'ing.

EDIT: How do i tell if my q6600 will be G0 or B3 stepping? I didnt even check (oops) Alls i know is that its a q6600 slacr. w/e that means.

EDIT 2: nvm slacr is for G0 stepping.....awesome :D

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
mikeb2817 said:
cable management is shit as i bought it used :p And never bothered sorting it out. Im also rocking an ide cd drive so that makes shit messy
No I meant does the case have any decent cable management features? Does it have places to easily tuck away cables etc? You can do decent cable management with IDE cables, here's one of my PCs (and using a crappy case) http://www.computerforum.com/9727-post-pic-your-pc-here-861.html#post1752129 it has IDE hard drives and an IDE optical drive.

mikeb2817 said:
Btw do you know if my mobo is any good for overclocking? I know it was a good htpc mobo (well iv read it was) but not sure how it is on oc'ing.
I know a fair bit about the Core 2 Quad CPUs, but not too much about their motherboards and chipsets I'm afraid. Can you use CPU-Z to determine which chipset the board has and let me know, then I may be able to find out for you. At the moment going by the 'Deluxe' I'd say it's probably a decent overclocker, but I'm unsure of what chipset it uses.

You may also want to refer to this http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=71656

SuperDuperMe

Yeah my cable management is worse than that. i actually posted a pic in that thread when i first got my pc

2011-04-10181456.jpg

2011-04-10182030.jpg

Intel 975X
Intel ICH7R

Thats my chipset apparently

Thats my board specs http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5W_DH_Deluxe/#specifications

spirit

Staff member
Right OK I'll have a look into it for you tomorrow. :) I'm getting tired so I'm off to bed now lol. :D