New parts! (loads of pics)

nexolus

Yes, most good heatsinks come "lapped." Which is why lapping them is unnecessary. Did you have to buy extra long screws to get the Zalman to attach to the gigabyte mobo?

Geoff

VIP Member
^cranky in the morning!....tell us what you want.
hehe, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people don't know the specs of their own PC and then post it in their sig.

I think he meant lap
I know, I was just pointing out Kof's mistake :)

Yes, most good heatsinks come "lapped." Which is why lapping them is unnecessary. Did you have to buy extra long screws to get the Zalman to attach to the gigabyte mobo?
I wouldn't say most, since quite a few don't. Even a lot of water cooling blocks don't come lapped.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
it come with the screws ;)
[-0MEGA-];889935 said:
hehe, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people don't know the specs of their own PC and then post it in their sig.

I know, I was just pointing out Kof's mistake :)

I wouldn't say most, since quite a few don't. Even a lot of water cooling blocks don't come lapped.

I was shocked by the finish on these zalmans, my 9500 is almost as good.

btw, im at 3.8ghz and priming, working my way up to 4.0 :D

pi38ghz.jpg

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];890002 said:
That is extremely good! These new Core 2's are really surprising me!

Im still in shock, orthos is still going. I set it to 1.28v thinking it wasn't going to be enough to get 5mins into orthos, so that i could start tweaking. And now its 45mins in :eek:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Corey, that looks awesome! and 4.0GHz! :eek: so it was true about the new C2D being so good at OC'ing.

I hope you enjoy your new toys.

Looks Nice, Corey! Enjoy it! :)

Send me your old MOBO and CPU, I need another build! :p

Nah, I asked first! ;)