New PC build

04tdiwagon

New Member
I decided to ditch the old p4 and do some upgrading! Here is my new pc build, tell me what ya think and if it will stand up to my World of Warcraft, school, and net surfing tasks.

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042

PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371015

CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115036

MoBo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128345

Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148136

Ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146785

Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121253

Dvd Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106263

LCD Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001268

Sound Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102002

new OS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116511

Well what do you guys think? I am close to the high end of my budget but I think I have a good deal going on. I only have a few questions. The Q6600 and the E8500 are the same price, so I would just assume go for the quad right? The benchmarks for it seem to be higher and it responds well to OCing.
Is the motherboard good for what I will be using it for? I might OC it, but I dont know for sure. I will probably be happy with it the way it is. Also are Acer monitors any good? It would save me 70 bucks over the samsung....Let me know if any of the pieces I picked are sub-par or a better deal can be had!
Thanks,
Mack
 
Just be aware that the Antec 300 does not come with fans, you'll have to buy them. Also the Antec 300 is a a mid tower ATX case....but it's smaller than a normal mid tower. A friend of mine has one and it fit a 8800 GTX with about 1/8 of an inch of room from the hard drive trays. We almost did not get it in there. I don't know how the 8800 GTX compairs to the 4850 in length but is something you might want to consider and research.

Both of thoes processors are great, you might want want to consider the Quad to future proof yourself. If you choose the Quad Core I would get the one with GO stepping and not the B3 stepping. It runs a little cooler and overclocks better. Have you thought about getting an OEM processor and a aftermarket CPU cooler? I think that would be your best bet, for about $30-$40 you can get a CPU cooler that will be much better than the stock Intel cooler.
 
Looks good, go for the quad core, and i agree with Scout.

You can get a case for $99.99 that includes 4 fans or something.
 
Just be aware that the Antec 300 does not come with fans, you'll have to buy them. Also the Antec 300 is a a mid tower ATX case....but it's smaller than a normal mid tower. A friend of mine has one and it fit a 8800 GTX with about 1/8 of an inch of room from the hard drive trays. We almost did not get it in there. I don't know how the 8800 GTX compairs to the 4850 in length but is something you might want to consider and research.

Both of thoes processors are great, you might want want to consider the Quad to future proof yourself. If you choose the Quad Core I would get the one with GO stepping and not the B3 stepping. It runs a little cooler and overclocks better. Have you thought about getting an OEM processor and a aftermarket CPU cooler? I think that would be your best bet, for about $30-$40 you can get a CPU cooler that will be much better than the stock Intel cooler.

??
Three hundred come with a 120mm fan and a 140mm fan...
 
I decided to ditch the old p4 and do some upgrading! Here is my new pc build, tell me what ya think and if it will stand up to my World of Warcraft, school, and net surfing tasks.

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042

PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371015

CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115036

MoBo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128345

Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148136

Ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146785

Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121253

Dvd Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106263

LCD Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001268

Sound Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102002

new OS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116511

Well what do you guys think? I am close to the high end of my budget but I think I have a good deal going on. I only have a few questions. The Q6600 and the E8500 are the same price, so I would just assume go for the quad right? The benchmarks for it seem to be higher and it responds well to OCing.
Is the motherboard good for what I will be using it for? I might OC it, but I dont know for sure. I will probably be happy with it the way it is. Also are Acer monitors any good? It would save me 70 bucks over the samsung....Let me know if any of the pieces I picked are sub-par or a better deal can be had!
Thanks,
Mack

Good build!!

But I personally will get the 32MB cache HDD and LG 22x DVD burner instead.
 
Back
Top