johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Would have went with a skylake build.

I5-6500
GIGABYTE GA-B150M-D3H
DDR4 memory

H4rdR3s37

Also Radeon R9 380 is better than GTX960. Remember to get better cooler than boxed if going with that Haswell build anyway.

spirit

Staff member
Nice but I never understand threads like these: are you trying to tell us what you've got or asking for suggestions on what to improve? If it's the former, then cool, pretty decent machine. If it's the latter then now that you've ordered it it's a bit late to be asking us what to get now isn't it? ;)

Npost

Nice but I never understand threads like these: are you trying to tell us what you've got or asking for suggestions on what to improve? If it's the former, then cool, pretty decent machine. If it's the latter then now that you've ordered it it's a bit late to be asking us what to get now isn't it? ;)

I already bought everythings this is what was in my budget you can suggest on, I am just happy its way better than the computer I use right now..
My current computer
E4400 2.2Ghz OC 3.0Ghz
xfx 680I lt sli Mob
4GB ocz Ram
600Watt Ultra Psu
Zotac 9600GSO 512MB

Laquer Head

I already bought everythings this is what was in my budget you can suggest on, I am just happy its way better than the computer I use right now..
My current computer
E4400 2.2Ghz OC 3.0Ghz
xfx 680I lt sli Mob
4GB ocz Ram
600Watt Ultra Psu
Zotac 9600GSO 512MB

Definitely an upgrade, and working within a budget is a reality for most of us, so if you are happy--and it works for you, good stuff man!!

Npost

You should consider these changes
Intel i5 6600k Skylake processor
Motherboard - GA-B150M-D3H

I thought about it and most likely next year I will be upgrading this is really just a big step up from what I had, I went over my budget with this it was $629 and I really wanted to stay around $500 but when some things where just a little bit more like it was a $15 difference between a 2GB vram or 4GB vram card so I just figured I would upgrade.

Also Radeon R9 380 is better than GTX960. Remember to get better cooler than boxed if going with that Haswell build anyway.

There are a few games I want to play that some of my friends say don't do well with amd graphics. What do you mean better cooling on what?

spirit

Staff member
My current computer
E4400 2.2Ghz OC 3.0Ghz
xfx 680I lt sli Mob
4GB ocz Ram
600Watt Ultra Psu
Zotac 9600GSO 512MB
Yeah you should notice a BIG difference going from this E4400 to an i5 and from this 9600 GSO to a GTX 960. :D

Npost

Yeah you should notice a BIG difference going from this E4400 to an i5 and from this 9600 GSO to a GTX 960. :D

I hope so the 9600GSO still gets on average of 45/60 FPS on borderlands 2 but on Insurgency 20/30 FPS outside 45/55 FPS inside.. I am excited to see what this GTX 960 can do, if I try and play rust on my current computer it take 20Min to load piss poor graphics I run 10M hit a tree freeze then the game crashes.. Lol

spirit

Staff member
I hope so the 9600GSO still gets on average of 45/60 FPS on borderlands 2 but on Insurgency 20/30 FPS outside 45/55 FPS inside.. I am excited to see what this GTX 960 can do, if I try and play rust on my current computer it take 20Min to load piss poor graphics I run 10M hit a tree freeze then the game crashes.. Lol
Well the 9600 GSO came out about 8 or 9 years ago and it was a mid-range card when it was new. The high-end cards of that era are not even worth using these days so goodness only knows how you've been able to stick with the 9600 GSO as a gamer for so long! Do you have a really low resolution display or do you just put up with really low graphics settings? ;)

You won't know what's hit you when you play games on the 960 coming from an old 9600! :D

Npost

Well the 9600 GSO came out about 8 or 9 years ago and it was a mid-range card when it was new. The high-end cards of that era are not even worth using these days so goodness only knows how you've been able to stick with the 9600 GSO as a gamer for so long! Do you have a really low resolution display or do you just put up with really low graphics settings? ;)

You won't know what's hit you when you play games on the 960 coming from an old 9600! :D

My display is a 1089P samsung LED tv 1366x768@60Hz I will be using this for my new one too.. I am about to post some pictures I dont think the graphics are bad but they are on low settings in some games.

spirit

Staff member
My display is a 1089P samsung LED tv 1366x768@60Hz I will be using this for my new one too.. I am about to post some pictures I dont think the graphics are bad but they are on low settings in some games.
Ah ok well 1366x768 is a low resolution so the 9600 was probably ok with it.

Darren

Staff member
I don't think I've ever seen a thread of somebody that just ordered a PC and didn't get suggestions first not do this.

It's like a pack of hyenas found a gazelle that got separated from the herd.

Npost

I don't think I've ever seen a thread of somebody that just ordered a PC and didn't get suggestions first not do this.

It's like a pack of hyenas found a gazelle that got separated from the herd.

I had a lot of suggestions before I bought the parts for this computer..

Npost

Just got most of my parts in today, tomorrow the case and ram should be here then its build time. The processors heat sink is very small if you ask me, how good is the pre installed thermal paste on it? Also I want to start doing some screen recording how well will my build perform doing so, are there any programs you would recommend? Any other monitoring programs you would recommend?

spirit

Staff member
Just got most of my parts in today, tomorrow the case and ram should be here then its build time. The processors heat sink is very small if you ask me, how good is the pre installed thermal paste on it? Also I want to start doing some screen recording how well will my build perform doing so, are there any programs you would recommend? Any other monitoring programs you would recommend?
Your PC will be fine for screen recording. I'd recommend Camtasia Studio if you want to record Windows or FRAPS if you want to record games.

The stock CPU cooler is small but it's fine unless you want to do overclocking.