New PC won't boot up

EndOfHeart

All the fans work even the video card fan and the lights turn on but nothing shows up on the monitor. Don't even hear a beep.

Athlon 64 3000+ 90nm
Chaintech vnf4 nforce4 zenith value edition for socket 939
Chaintech 6600gt pci-express
Seagate 80gb sata
rosewill cd-rw/dvd combo
samsung floppy 1.44mb
cosair value select ram 184 pin 512mb ddr pc-3200
Kingwin Mutant X with 420 power supply

I think it maybe the power supply but i'm going to keep trying out things. Also the power connector doesn't cover all the pins on the motherboard so it may get insufficent power?

Edit: the motherboard has 24 pins but the power supply only has a 20 pin connector so is that the problem?

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Intel based boards are compatible with 20-pin but I've never read anything about AMD boards being that way, what does it say in the manual?

The ATX12V connector (that square one by the RAM slots) it's plugged in too right?

Last edited:

EndOfHeart

Yea its plugged in right. I had to email them for the manual (didn't come in the box) but they haven't responded maybe cause of new years dunno. I followed their online manual but even in that it say to refer to the book manual :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
All the fans work even the video card fan and the lights turn on but nothing shows up on the monitor. Don't even hear a beep.
Try removing the video card and RAM and reseating it :)

Intel based boards are compatible with 20-pin but I've never read anything about AMD boards being that way, what does it say in the manual?
AMD boards should be, for the most part, 20 pin... the 24 pin setup is a S775 thing as far as i know.

I followed their online manual but even in that it say to refer to the book manual
What exactly are you looking for?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
All A64s have the ATX12V ... the 24pin ATX might be a NF4/PCIe thing or it might be a Chaintech thing, dunno.