new pc

tuffdavi

i am looking to buy a new pc by the end of july i have been in and out of different products and companys and i have been searching since the begining of march and i think i found it can u tell me if its good on your opinion and if there is anything u would change thanks

case- NZXT nemesis elite black

power supply- thermaltake silent pure power 680-watt with active pfc

processor- amd athlon 64 fx-55

motherboard- asus a8n-sli deluxe

memory- Kingston KRX3200AK2/2G 2GB HyperX DDR400 ECC DIMM

hard drive- two Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3200822A

graphics- XFX GeForce 6600GT PVT43GND

sound card- Creative sound blaster audigy2 zs gamer

cooling- CL-W0005 BigWater 12cm Liquid Cooling System (unsure)

optical drive- nec ND-3500A DVD±R DL black

optical drive 2- Plextor 52x/32x/52x Black

floppy drive- NEC 1.44MB Black Internal Floppy Drive

moniter- Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD Monitor

keyboard- saitek gamers keyboard

mouse- razor diamondback optical red

speakers- logitech z-5500 digital 5.1

controller- belkin nostromo speedpad n52

Last edited:

tuffdavi

oh sorry type error and for the hard drive i looked at the maxtor models and thought about it then i just went back to the seagate and also do you think i should have any prob backing up games with that dvd drive and getting past the security(safedisk, safedisk2, etc.)

tuffdavi

would there be pros to having two vid cards if so i mite spend the extra and for a network card what should i get i have sympatico with a speed stream ethernet modem

Lax

VIP Member
would there be pros to having two vid cards if so i mite spend the extra and for a network card what should i get i have sympatico with a speed stream ethernet modem

Built in network card will be fine, and the point of having to gfx cards is unknown to me. Ask prae, 4W4K3, or Cromewell, any of them (and others) will have a lot more info than I will.

ripken2004

2 cards in sli mode will help alot in games only if the game supports it, most dont but the new ones will, that along with the new 64bit games coming out will allow games to use extrodinary graphics

resechri

well dave, if thats ok with you, your computer looks very familiar to me except for 1 or 2 parts, but i think that its still an alrite setup

tuffdavi

resechri said:
well dave, if thats ok with you, your computer looks very familiar to me except for 1 or 2 parts, but i think that its still an alrite setup

chris y dont you just stop being stupid and go home to you computer that got dissed by every computer salles owner

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
oh sorry type error and for the hard drive i looked at the maxtor models and thought about it then i just went back to the seagate and also do you think i should have any prob backing up games with that dvd drive and getting past the security(safedisk, safedisk2, etc .)
a quick fresher can be found at cd/dvd 101 ... a more detailed guide on that stuff will follow sometime .

1. imo sympatico is retarded :p
2. the mobo has a nic built in

built in network card will be fine, and the point of having to gfx cards is unknown to me. ask prae, 4w4k3, or cromewell, any of them (and others) will have a lot more info than i will .
[potentially] more performance, more flexibility, etc (at more cost and power drain etc of course)

2 cards in sli mode will help alot in games only if the game supports it, most dont but the new ones will, that along with the new 64bit games coming out will allow games to use extrodinary graphics
you can manually make your own 'support' :)

whoa i just noticed yer running ecc ram ... um ... why ? see RAM 101)

@reserchi/tuffdavi: take it to pm/msn whatever .