New ram and new graphic card problem

piazza2

Member
GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY , AFTER INSTALLING 2 GIGS RAM (MAX ) in my dell dimension b110 and a graphic card (ati radeon pci ddr 256mb gpu s9250 sb edition ) both brand new ,everything stopped working and I got these screens ,................please help !!!! and afterward ,when I took them all out ,like before, it was working as good as usual . is the RAM faulty? ,( I reseated them 3 times ).........and do I have to do a lot of preparation before installing the graphic card ?
thanks to everybody !!!
dell.1reduced.jpg
dell2reduced,.jpg
 
Last edited:
Try taking out the new ram and see if that helps clear it up. If not, try taking out the new graphics card and putting back the new ram to see if that does anything.
 
I did take out the graphic card first ( after those 2 failure screens ) still the same 2 screens appeared,,,and it wouldn't let me access SAFE MODE.....
then I took out the 2 new RAMS ( 1 gig each ) reinstalled the old 2 RAMS (256mb each ) and the computer was working normally afterward,,,,so now I have to find out how to install the RAMS to work ,...and the graphic card after the RAMS will function.
does it help ?
 
Some computers are picky about the ram they like. Or its possible that memory is faulty, try different ram.
 
try using each stick individually and see if only one works and the other doesn't. then you'll know one is faulty. if they both don't work, then make sure all things match (ddr2, etc.).
 
thank you all for your answers

thank you all for your answers , I might be able tomorrow to try your suggestions if I can find free time , goodnight
 
Thank you all ....1 RAM was good , the other was defective

Thank you all
1 RAM was good , the other was defective , so I ordered a replacement
now I have to figure out how to install the graphic card.
ciao
 
Back
Top