New RAM

cheburns

This may sound like a stupid question... but you can mix and match manufactures of RAM right? Just so long as they are the same specs (ddr2 240pin 800mhz... does timing matter?) I have 2 sticks (below) and want two more... i can get anything that my mobo supports right?

StrangleHold

Staff member
I would just get 2 more of what you already have. Do you know what the default timing and voltage are or the model number on the Ballistixs.

cheburns

PC Wizard has the following to say about the voltage and timing of my ram now:

Voltage : SSTL 1.8v
CAS Latency (tCL) : 4 clocks @333 MHz, 5 clocks @400 MHz
RAS to CAS (tRCD) : 5 clocks @333 MHz, 5 clocks @400 MHz
RAS Precharge (tRP) : 5 clocks @333 MHz, 5 clocks @400 MHz
Cycle Time (tRAS) : 15 clocks @333 MHz, 18 clocks @400 MHz
Min TRC : 20 clocks @333 MHz, 23 clocks @400 MHz

PC wizard says it doesn't know the part number... I think it might be this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m_re=crucial_ballistix-_-20-148-204-_-Product
but that says it is 2V and PC wizard says the stuff I'm running is 1.8V so I'm not sure... What do you think? Need more info?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Yours is running at JEDEC standards at 1.8V 5/5/5/15. That crucial is listed as SPD speed 2.0V 4/4/4/12. At 1.8 it would run at 5/5/5/15 too.

cheburns

so would it matter if i get my 2 new gigs of ram as the crucial vs. the a-data ram (in the links above)? They run the same specs so it won't matter right?

dushuai

doesn`t really matter you use which ram,only make sure the ram has similar capability and clock.

cheburns

so in a nutshell i can get the a-data ram and add it to my system and have no problem... thanks for the help