New Rig for gaming...

Dr Studly

banned
well when i did the calculator to find the final price i did $357... so thats all right... and shipping would be around $30 more... and i never include XP discs in my configs...

The_Other_One said:
Oh, I also hear it's quite noisy...
the sapphire ones are and most of them are... this one has a different/better fan/heatsink design as the other ones and it is supposed to run very cool and quiet...

HIS Hightech Radeon X850XT IceQ II

Last edited:

spraybottle

Wow, thanks alot lol, I wake up, and I get all these new rigs come up. Sorry to tell you this Encore, but I'm on a tight budget. Only aroundn 1000-1200. I'm afraid your's would cost too much if I bought the case and all that. No, I don't think I will be getting an OS as I already have one for the computer I'm using right now.

Edit: So, I see that video card you posted, and I'm still not sure on getting a 7600gt, or an x850 xt. I've heard the 850 has 16 pipelines, and that the 7600gt only has 12, yet it has a whole lot more stuff in it because it's a newer card. Help appreciated

ReEdit: Hey Mr.JAck, I like your rig that you set up for me, but couldn't I swap that sound card for something cheaper? Also, isn't that dvd writer just a bit too much? Last, yeah, I think I won't need 300 gb, maybe like 150 or something lol.

ReReEdit: Ok, so my third edit, and I was wondering if I could play on this monitor at 1024x768 because I don't wana lose fps for a greater resolutioin
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824014117
ReReReEdit: Alright, now my 4th edit...I was wondering what crossfire was?

Last edited:

Yue

crossfire is ATi's answer to nvidia SLi technology, which allows 2 gfx cards to work together.

mrjack

VIP Member
spraybottle said:
ReEdit: Hey Mr.JAck, I like your rig that you set up for me, but couldn't I swap that sound card for something cheaper? Also, isn't that dvd writer just a bit too much? Last, yeah, I think I won't need 300 gb, maybe like 150 or something lol.

Yes, you can swap any of those. I merely suggested that sound card as it is currently one of best on the market. Might I suggest the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS 71$ including shipping or you could just use the integrated ALC850 which has support for 7.1 surround and is actuall pretty good. I have the ALC650 (5.1 surround) and it's very nice in my oppinion. But then again I have never had a "proper" sound card in my computers, always used the integrated. About the harddrive, nowadays it isn't economically smart to get a 150Gb HDD over a 200Gb cause they are "cheaper". You get more storage space for a small extra amount of money, I think the Maxtor I suggested is nice for it's price. When it comes to the DVD burner, you could just get a BenQ 16X DVD±R DVD Burner 39.80$ including shipping.

EDIT:
Here's a HIS Hightech Radeon X850XT 188.80$ including shipping and rebates if you're considering buying another videocard. The only bad things about the GF7600GT are the crippled memory interface, only 128-bit although it has 256Mb GDDR3 (no optimal performance), and the fact that it has 12 pixel pipelines while the X850XT has 16. But it seems as though the GF7600GT still is very good for it's price, I'll try and find some reviews on it.

Last edited:

spraybottle

Alright cool thanks

Edit: I'm kind of scared on bulding my computer. I'll get help from my dad, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it. Is it extremely hard to build one, because now that I thought of it, building would be a whole lot cheaper than custom computers.

After constant review searches, I've finaly decided to go with ....(Drum Roll).... THE XT850 XT!!!!!!!! WHY? Because, the xt8500 xt will get you more fps. Although, the quality of the image won't be as good as the 7600gt, I would rather have more fps than better quality. Thank You for all your help kekeke....

ReEdit: Nevermind what I said, I haven't decided..... Feedback on which to choose is needed. I noticed that the 7600gt has a core clock speed of 590 mhz whereas the xt850 xt has 520!!! Yet the reviews say the 7600gt is noisy....So I still haven't decided!!!!

Last edited:

spraybottle

Ok, I'll build one!! WOOT!! Lol.

Edit: I'm still deciding on what graphics card to buy though...

ReEdit: I've just recieved news that I will be ordering the parts TODAY!!! I have 4 hours from this post at max to buy the stuff! Reply quick plz... I still need to know what video card to choose... I'm pretty sure what I'm going to get on the other stuff. I'll repost after I've gathered the stuff

ReReEdit: Ok, this is what I'm probably going to get:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 297$

Corsair XMS 1Gb KIT 81$

Antec Truepower II 550W 78$

Sound = Still looking...

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 300Gb SATA 115$

DVD writer = Not sure...

Graphics Card = Not sure...

Gigabyte GA-K8N PRO-SLI 114.15$

Which makes up about 685.15. Add 215 for the monitor = 900$ But I still need the video card + case + dvd writer + sound card. But for the dvd writer, I have one on this computer, and I guess I could use this...

Edit: Ok, this can't be too good. So the max is at $1200 and right now I'm at about $1400 after the case and all the other stuff. Like I said, I'm on a tight budget, I need to have $1200 or lower. Maybe I could downgrade something?

ReEdit: Well, I already have a sound card I'm using for this computer. Only like $30 but what the heck... I guess I'll just use that... That's like 60 bucks off....

Ok, so this is what I have now:

ASPIRE X-Dreamer II + 73$

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 297$

Corsair XMS 1Gb KIT 81$

Antec Truepower II 550W 78$

Sound = Already used one 0$

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 300Gb SATA 115$

NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner + 40$

Graphics Card = Not sure... But around 200$

Gigabyte GA-K8N PRO-SLI 114.15$

Grand total = 998.15$ + 215$!?!?!?!?! Did I just do it? NO WAY!?!?!?

Lol Ok, this is a dumb question, but what case you think is better?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144026
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811208004
Also, does it come with the neon light?

Last edited:

ceewi1

VIP Member
Christian Darrall said:
First of all what slots your motherboard, because you might wanna consider the x1600 pro
I wouldn't get the X1600Pro. Aside from targetting a different price bracket, it's performance is significantly inferior to even the 7600GS.

From the two cards, i'd prefer the 7600GT. Lower power consumption, cooler, single-slot design, cheaper price, and, from what i've seen, better performance.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2006/03/21/bfg_7600_gt_oc_ati_x1800gto/8.html
http://it-review.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=443&Itemid=111&limit=1&limitstart=3

spraybottle

Sorry, bud, but I already am going to get it form newegg. Now I'm just wondering if the specs are compatible with eachother... Help plz... and hurry >.<

mrjack

VIP Member
spraybottle said:
Sorry, bud, but I already am going to get it form newegg. Now I'm just wondering if the specs are compatible with eachother... Help plz... and hurry >.<

Everything should be fine. If you need advice when putting your computer together, you know which forum to ask on. :D

spraybottle

Sweet... Just ordered it. Didn't change a thing except that I ordered a widescreen 19" instead; did you know that you can see more to your right and left than a regular 19?"So I would be able to see them with more angle?Kekekekeke try and guess how much fps I would gain... As long as it's above 50 fps, I'm happy :)