New rig, help before paying for parts!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You have to give us a link to the public wishlist, not your actual wishlist under your account name.

linkin

VIP Member
I agree, AM3 would be a better take right now with bulldozer cpu's coming iout next year on the same socket

XtremepballerX

I though I could get a intel six core later , but well use it for HD video editing/PS, kind off as a media center and gaming. Maiby crysis 2 but doesn't have to be on highest settings. So I think I can go with cheaper things

2048Megabytes

Your list looks good but I would change a few parts to save money. Take a look at the Model HP S2031 20 inch monitor. I just bought the HP S2031 monitor a few months ago and it is a good quality monitor. I paid $165 including tax for it.

Your case is too expensive. You can get something really good for $90 or less. Any reason you want a full size tower? They are very large.

Do you have a Windows operating system installation disk?

Last edited:

2048Megabytes

If you want less expensive I would go Advanced Micro Devices. Get a Phenom II 955 Quad-Core or a Phenom II Six-Core Processor. Get 4 gigabytes of DDR3 1600 RAM. A Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit installation disk is going to set you back an additional $100.

XtremepballerX

Like if it's worth paying the extra 100 for extreme version of the amd six core ? Also what nice keyboard should I get? I wanted the razer but read bad reviews about it .

2048Megabytes

I would get either the Phenom II 955 Quad-Core or the Phenom II 1055T Six-Core Processor.

Phenom II 955 Quad-Core (3.2 gigahertz) Black Edition Processor - $160
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...08&cm_re=Phenom_II_955-_-19-103-808-_-Product

Phenom II 1055T Six-Core Thuban (2.8 gigahertz) Processor - $200
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...851&cm_re=phenom_ii_x6-_-19-103-851-_-Product

Yes I would get an ATI video card. I hear they run better with AMD. Look at Gigabyte motherboards. I don't have time to pick one out for you presently.