New Rig That I Want:D

Froboy7391_99

For the same price as the E6400 I can get the 5600 that slightly edges it out in the majority of benchmarks. I thought long and hard on what I wanted, AMD or Intel. Originally I was going to get a C2D but with the recent AMD price drop it tugged me over to the other side.

Geoff

VIP Member
Are you planning on overclocking? The AMD is better for the price then the C2D, however if you plan to do some overclocking the Intel would be much better.

Froboy7391_99

[-0MEGA-];632785 said:
Are you planning on overclocking? The AMD is better for the price then the C2D, however if you plan to do some overclocking the Intel would be much better.

No, not overclocking, it's already going to be a big shock coming from a p4 2.6Ghz ;)

Jet

VIP Member
No, not overclocking, it's already going to be a big shock coming from a p4 2.6Ghz ;)

Hence you won't be able to tell the difference between a 5600+ and an E6400. When you need the extra power later, the E6400 will overclock leaps and bounds more than the 5600. Just my two cents. And remember the Intel price drop coming up very shortly.

Froboy7391_99

Hence you won't be able to tell the difference between a 5600+ and an E6400. When you need the extra power later, the E6400 will overclock leaps and bounds more than the 5600. Just my two cents. And remember the Intel price drop coming up very shortly.

The Intel pricedrop was factored into the eqaution, en e6400 will only be 6 dollars cheaper. Seriously by the time I start to find the 5600 lacking I will probably just buy something new. I've lived with my P4 since 02, 01? Something around there.

Edit: I'm going to wait until the benchmarks come out on the 6420 then see if it can gain the edge. Besides aren't they supposed to more efficient than an AMD?

Last edited:

cryption

I personally still prefer AMD, I've had such a good experience with the few processors I've had I have no desire to get intel for my desktop. Granted my laptop is a Macbook C2D, but as desktops go it's always AMD for me.