New System but no startup

Ross1990

Hi, i have just put some money into upgrading my pc (or basicly making a whole new pc) on my own. This is my first time building a whole new pc for myself, i usually just gradually replace the parts as i need them, although i have never encountered the problem as follows.

I have purchesed these items and fitted them with all the precautions.
A Gigabyte GA8S655fX-L (socket 478) motherboard
512mb DDR PC3200 400MHz Ram
Intel P4 2.8ghz socket 478 processor
Gigabyte PCU21-VG 3D-Cooler Pro (with cpu paste)
and a basic (but brand new) 500 watt psu.which i bought afterwards

I have left the following items:
256mb graffix card
40 gb maxtor hard drive
Case
Floppy drive , CD drive

The first time round i fitted al the items making sure i missed nothing.
Conected all the wires properly and then conected it to the power. When i whitched it on however, all that happend was the led's lit up, and the fans turned on, the hard-drive dident start up neither did the moniter. I heard no startup beeps from the sytem speaker. I them reset the bios by taking out the battrey on the motherboard for a few mins, then tryed again, still no hope. I then took out the whol emotherboard and evry thing that is needed for it to start up, and assemled it onto an anti-static surface and tryed again. still no hope, i then tryed replacing the ram with anouther stick of the exact type, changed the grafix card. I also bought a 500 watt psu as at the time i only had a 300watt. All this did nuthing. After that i sent away the processor for a new one, fitted it into the same motherboard(with the paste) and tryed to startup again with no sucess. I then came to the conclusion that it had to be the motherboard and sent it away for a replacement, i got the replacement and fitted it to the case with the processor adn evrything else all with the same anti-static precautions. I still have the same problem even though i have replaced almost evrything.
I am realy stuck on this one and maybe anyone out there has had the same problem and knows the solution. ANy help would be very much apreciated, thanks.