So I have a decent knowledge of computers. I've added new ram and hard drives but nothing really more complicated than that. I am in desperate need of a new computer. I would use my computer for watching movies, surfing the web. I don't plan on any sort of heavy video editing or rendering. I will be playing games and would like it to look great but don't care about maxing out all settings. Still on the higher end of average though. I don't really want to completely build a computer so my plan right now is to get a decent computer pre-built and upgrade a few components. Here is what I'm looking at right now.
Computer
Upgrades
Rough Total: $1300
Now I don't have knowledge of the markets as far as good pricing so my questions are.
1. Will this meet my needs?
2. Could I get relatively same performance for cheaper elsewhere or if I built it from scratch?
3. At that price could I get better components building it from scratch, keep in mind a monitor and Blu-ray is included(not attached to blu-ray though)?
4. Are there any issues I should be aware of with the parts I want to upgrade? For example not having the right slots or connections or not enough of them.
5. Any other advice in general?
Computer
Upgrades
Rough Total: $1300
Now I don't have knowledge of the markets as far as good pricing so my questions are.
1. Will this meet my needs?
2. Could I get relatively same performance for cheaper elsewhere or if I built it from scratch?
3. At that price could I get better components building it from scratch, keep in mind a monitor and Blu-ray is included(not attached to blu-ray though)?
4. Are there any issues I should be aware of with the parts I want to upgrade? For example not having the right slots or connections or not enough of them.
5. Any other advice in general?
Last edited: