New to LCD's

rick1969

I just purchased a Princeton SENergy 714 from Newegg.com. I plugged it in and the picture is awesome. One thing I noticed is that when it's on a black screen, there are obviously lighter areas at the very top and very bottom of the screen. There is also a faint grey rectangle in the middle. This is ONLY noticable if I make the screen black (black background or switching between users). Is this normal for an LCD? Are there tweeks that I'm missing?

Thanks
Rick

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Is this normal for an LCD? Are there tweeks that I'm missing?
Doesnt seem abnormal .... does this occur only during boot-up or whenever you have a widescreen video? :)

rick1969

Anytime the screen is black. I guess it's the standard complaint about LCD's ability to reproduce blacks.

Thanks
Rick

4W4K3

VIP Member
both laptops we have are lighter around the edges, but our actual monitors don't seem to have this problem. Maybe the ones we have aren't built as tight or somehting...usually the plastic casing pushes on the screen to cause this problem.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey man...

Hey man,

I have a LCD as well and have the same "problem". I don't think it's anything wrong. I also only see it when the screen is black. Mine is a Sharp, otherwise the picture quality is great. In my case, only the very bottom is lighter and when I touch it, it's pretty warm. However, I can ensure you that it's OK. Trust me. I have seen it on at least another 3 monitors (LCDs :D)

JAN :D