[NEW USER]need help with pop ups!

Girl Asphyxiated

Hey. Ive looked everywhere for a solution to this problem but nothing works, so I decided to join this forum and make my own little thread...

Anyway I have a problem with ads1.revenue.net pop ups. I cant seem to get rid of them..

can anyone help? :mad:

Girl Asphyxiated

heres a pic of whats happening..

WEEE.jpg

Hellbreather

Also just wondering do you have any type of pop-up blocker or what? If not I suggest getting one NOW! or else things like this just keep on happening

Girl Asphyxiated

k, i got a pop up blocker and Ive already been using firefox. I found out that i can stop them by going to the task manager and closing the process "iExplorer"

Hellbreather

Yes that maybe but I dont think you will really want to keep closing iexplorer all the time. Hopefully those popups wont happen anymore. If they do just post back and I'll give you some more advice

Girl Asphyxiated

yea now the pop ups arent going away..i downloaded google toolbar for internet explorer but nothings working. i used that program that guy gave me to get rid of the 'exploit' but it keeps saying that there is nothing detected. and they keep coming up :( *dies*

foxshox

try adaware, spybot, and/or microsoft antispyware beta.. it should get rid of it, if it keeps on coming after it says it was deleted by those programs, it is a part of the new generation of spyware which is like reinstalling spyware..

Girl Asphyxiated

i found out what it is

its a trojan

i found out its all related to IEXPLORE.EXE that shows up in my processes. Its also located in c:/windows/prefetch..

i am deleting every trace i find of it in my registry

is there anyway i can completely get rid of this IEXPLORER.EXE trojan?

Girl Asphyxiated

I Fixed My Problem!!!

I Went Into My Registry And Searched For Iexplore.exe Files And Sure Enough It Found Like 50 Of Em So I Deleted All Of Em

Then I Went Into My Files In C: Windows Prefex Or Something Like That And Deleted Iexplore.exe

And Now Its Gone
Life Rox